Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

some experiments with the pomeg glitch - Page 1

some experiments with the pomeg glitch

Posted by: Drakkar
Date: 2007-10-29 21:29:00
having a pokemon that i can make it faint anytime is useful,i placed a egg in the main slot and made my glitched meganium faint with an oran berry,now i can walk around with a egg in the main slot and a fainted pokemon…nothing else,i engaged a battle and the egg come out to battle as a poochyena(poochyena was inside the egg)with a different palette(it was colored red with green),i was also able to make the egg level up but when the battle finished i got whited out.
also i placed a fainted pokemon in the main slot,it came with 0 HP,i tryied to attack and got whited out
also when the fainted pokemon came out i checked my party and the sprite and the status bar disappeared

i hope this is a good piece of research,and if someone have some other idea to get a bad egg,a decamark or a ??,let me know

Re: some experiments with the pomeg glitch

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-10-30 12:14:30
That is quite good, a gameshark free way of doing something like this…except with a different pokemon ;)
[attachimg1] [attachimg2] [attachimg3]
(I Gamesharked my party full of Raquaza Eggs and trained them up)
If you tried it with a bad egg, it would just send out the bad egg I think.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-11-07 19:37:36
I remember doing this a while back, with a Mareep egg. You can make the Pokemon inside the egg evolve if you can level it up enough, so when it hatches, it'll be a lv. 5 Flaaffy (or Butterfree, or Tyranitar) However, you can't use items on the egg, so stone evos are out. I wonder if taming evos can be done.

I think if you get a Pokemon with enough HP EVs (or feed it the right amount of Pomeg berries) you can glitch the HP to near infinite, which makes leveling up the egg much easier since you don't white out after every battle.

Another bit of advice: Set up the Team Base battles with Latios/Gardevoir that know only Memento. It'll do wonders for exp. for the egg. Or anything else, for that matter.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-11-08 11:42:28
No, It will still got to the same value, if not lower.