Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

bad EGG deactivation - Page 1

bad EGG deactivation

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-19 14:47:48
If there is a way possible to deactivate bad EGG than what would you find? Has this been tried already, and if so could I see the screenshots?

Re: error trap deactivation

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2008-01-20 01:38:13
Error Trap and BadEGG have nothing to do with each other :/

Error trap is in G/S/C to prevent pokemon that don't exist in R/B/Y and/or have moves that don't exist in R/B/Y from being traded.  BadEGG is something nintendo put in R/S/E to prevent people from using a GS to alter their Eggs in any way shape or form.  Please, look around for what things actually do before you go posting :/

Re: bad EGG deactivation

Date: 2008-01-20 01:45:53
Very sorry. I have now changed it to bad EGG deactivation.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-20 13:03:32
BadEGG IS an error trap, the one in Johto is the Glitch Guard.  MissingNo. is also an error trap.  Newo, if not any of us, can decativate the BadEGG error trap somehow probably.  Unless he has to completely screw up the game to deactivate it.

Posted by: blax8192
Date: 2008-01-25 21:55:03
there is one way  to erase a bad egg, i'm not sure how people on these forums are about action replays/gamesharks but basically you make one of those codes that put a poke in whatever slot, then you put the agg in that slot, exit the box and activate the code and when you open the box a poke will be there instead, in the 4th gen with pokesav you can make codes that put nothing into that slot, basically erasing everything that you put into that slot when you activate the code, there is even a code to erase a whole box, which is also good for breeders.

Date: 2008-01-25 22:05:29
Where's the proof? No offense, but that sounds a little far fetched

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-01-26 05:06:30

Where's the proof? No offense, but that sounds a little far fetched

Isn't the idea just replacing Box slots with Pokemon, I used that to get rid of my Bad Eggs

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-26 08:43:46

there is one way  to erase a bad egg, i'm not sure how people on these forums are about action replays/gamesharks but basically you make one of those codes that put a poke in whatever slot, then you put the agg in that slot, exit the box and activate the code and when you open the box a poke will be there instead, in the 4th gen with pokesav you can make codes that put nothing into that slot, basically erasing everything that you put into that slot when you activate the code, there is even a code to erase a whole box, which is also good for breeders.
Cheat devices are the most dudeish thing here!

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2008-01-26 09:05:47
I think I might have gotten bad-egg once when I tried to trade with a low (almost-dead) battery -.-