Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Wild - appeared! - Page 1

Wild - appeared!

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-10-16 11:56:24
I wouldn't call this an exact "submission", but I was screwing about on Emerald, with Encounter Codes, while the forums were having problems I encountered this wild Egg, named -. I have a video of it, when I countered the bugger in the wild. It only knows Thunderpunch, and seems to be a Shiny Treeko. I have a video of me catching it, and I plan to see what else it does.

- vs Torchic:

[youtube]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c7IcAVgYiEM[/youtube]

The other, is currently being uploaded.

Note: Okay, I just checked -'s status, and it knows Guillotine. I'm going to see how it does. It has Bulbasaur's cry, when you view it's status.

Well, wow. When you capture -, it causes an effect. When you look for wild Pokemon, in the wild after you turn the code off, it causes an effect of encountering shiny Pokemon.

Re: Wild - appeared!

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-10-19 02:29:02
Wow. Just wow.

What's -'s HEX?

I plan to catch one in an emulator.

Date: 2008-10-19 10:54:57
I was using an ROM copy of Emerald. It's: 019C. I don't know what else it can do, as I've replaced the data by accident, but I still got the code, so have fun.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-10-19 10:55:41
It isn't a Decamark is it?

Date: 2008-10-19 11:21:16
Nope. It's a wild Bad EGG, as a Shiny Treeko, after the Pokedex. I don't know if it'll hatch, but it can be used in battle. You can send it out, but if it's in first postion your starter Pokemon, will be send out instead of -.

Date: 2008-10-19 11:21:56
So it acts like a Pokemon, and an egg? Hey, can items be used on it?

Date: 2008-10-19 11:33:54
I'm not sure, I plan on trying items. It holds ????????? item.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-10-19 14:03:21
It won't hatch, trust me.

Date: 2008-10-19 14:43:52
Shame. Knowing Bad EGGs, they'll only be ??. I know if you breed Decamarks, you'll either get ?? or perhaps another Decamark. But, the Master Ball codes, I have fuck up, they take over the Key Items, slot. ?? I am searching more encounter madness, but all I get is crashers.

Date: 2008-10-19 15:29:21
Does it know any moves?

Date: 2008-10-19 15:40:07
Well, -, seems to know Thunderpunch, and Guillotine. Other moves, if it does level up is unknown. I'm trying to get a bit more far into the game, to fight bigger Pokemon, as these weak Pokemon, aren't helping me with my research on -.

Date: 2008-10-19 17:32:47
IF it levels up?

Date: 2008-10-19 17:35:25
Yeah, I'm not sure if it'll level up, as it is level 45.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2008-10-20 02:56:58
I'd say it's actually some sort of glitch EGG, but perhaps not a true Bad EGG. Hard to say, as all EGGs have the same slot in Ru/Sa/Em, as opposed to D/P/Pl, where the Bad EGG has its own slot.

Date: 2008-10-20 03:13:08
I never said it is, an Bad EGG, all I currently know is, that it acts like a Pokemon/Decamark, but until I get more into the game, like near to the Elite Four, I cannot know for sure if this Egg, will learn anymore moves, or if it'll level up, plus it's male-only, so it seems to be like a starter Pokemon, as there's always a high chance of a male instead of a female starter Pokemon. (Sorry, if I'm a bit edgy, I've had no sleep whats so ever and my mother has woken me up at this time of the damn morning (9am UK time), and it's pretty much pissed me off.) I still plan on researching -, but I keep seeing Shiny Pokemon, every time I'm in the wild, it's crazy, and trainers Pokemon, aren't shiny either.