Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

WTF?!! Marill changes gender. - Page 1

WTF?!! Marill changes gender.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-04-07 23:09:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqbkx8_bvZU&;

This is too weird. Apparently it has to do with Azurill's and Marill's gender ratios being different. It's one of the only pokemon that can have a sex change while evolving.

In other words "Mom! My Marill just grew a fucking penis!"

It's not really as much of a glitch as it is an oversight. Still kind of odd though.

Re: WTF?!! Marill changes gender.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2010-04-08 11:15:08
This is news because…???
Also, that title is very inappropriate.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-04-08 11:34:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqbkx8_bvZU&;

This is too weird. Apparently it has to do with Azurill's and Marill's gender ratios being different. It's one of the only pokemon that can have a sex change while evolving.

In other words "Mom! My Marill just grew a fucking penis!"

It's not really as much of a glitch as it is an oversight. Still kind of odd though.

That is the Azurill gender glitch, I made an article on the wiki about it about a month ago. Basically, Azurill has a gender ratio of 3 females to 1 male. Marill's gender ratio however, is different; and works out as 1 male to 1 female. As a result there is a one in three chance that a female Azurill will evolve into a male Marill, because gender is determined on the hidden personaility value.

If you consider a range of personality values which determine the gender of the Pokémon this range is smaller for say a male Azurill, but the range is increased when the gender ratio changes from 3 females to 1 male, to 1 male to 1 female, so there will be a greater number of values for a male Marill.

Posted by: Skyrro
Date: 2010-04-08 15:05:08
Lol, this was new to me hen I was playing Pokemon ruby before I owned a computer that could go on the internet. Thats when I spent all my money to amuse my friends when I was in summer camp.

Anyway, I saw the wiki artical a few days ago, and now, I am like 'Ohhh…' This wasn't news when it was the glitch, but it was cool to know why in happened after a few years.