Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Pomeg for Shinies? - Page 1

Pomeg for Shinies?

Posted by: MysticFlygon
Date: 2013-01-27 07:17:55
So, I've seen many videos in which people have encountered shinies while doing the pomeg glitch. Is this legit, and if so, how would I go about doing it?

Re: Pomeg for Shinies?

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-01-27 20:45:02
You mean the chance to encounter shinies are greater when you're doing the Pomeg glitch?

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2013-01-28 13:58:13
The only one that springs to mind is v0id19's Complete* Pomeg Glitch video, in which he encounters a shiny Zubat that could have been legit, although he was playing on a hacked game.

I know very little about how the game manipulates the number generator to produce shiny Pokemon, but it doesn't make any sense to me that a Pokemon's HP value is somehow involved. Although 65535/150 HP may seem bizarre to us, the game treats it as though it were perfectly normal.

*This gets on my nerves a bit; it implies that there's nothing else to the glitch other than what he shows, which is obviously wrong (he shows only the very basics of the glitch). The video on the whole is positive, however, as it has been quite effective in bringing attention to the Pomeg glitch.  :D

Posted by: MysticFlygon
Date: 2013-01-30 20:31:38
I know I've seen other shinies in demonstrations of the Pomeg Glitch…