Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Trainer Ledge Collision Glitch: Fixed in Spanish versions of R/S - Page 1

Trainer Ledge Collision Glitch: Fixed in Spanish versions of R/S

Posted by: Blaziken257
Date: 2013-05-02 17:47:43
Some people know that in English (and I presume Japanese as well) versions of Ruby and Sapphire, there are a few trainers that will walk through a ledge or wall if they see you and they want to battle you. Namely, these trainers are: Aroma Lady Rose (in Route 118), Gentleman Walter (in Route 121), and Tuber Charlie (in the Abandoned Ship). If you haven't heard this glitch before, read more details about it here:

http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php?title=Trainer_Ledge/Fence_Collision_Glitch&stable=1

While a lot of people know that this was fixed in Emerald, I don't think a lot of people know that the glitch was also fixed in Spanish versions of Ruby and Sapphire. Some people presume the bug fixes in Emerald are a result of the trainers being moved around (mainly Aroma Lady Rose), but none of these trainers moved places from the English to the Spanish versions of R/S.

Here's a video of me playing Spanish Sapphire and demonstrating that the glitch was fixed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB8S29UX1Ws

I wonder if this glitch was fixed in the French, German, and Italian versions as well. Unfortunately, I don't have a readibly accessible emulator save file with these trainers unbeaten, so I can't test it.

Re: Trainer Ledge Collision Glitch: Fixed in Spanish versions of R/S

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-05-03 10:34:30
That's interesting. Thanks for sharing, Blaziken. :)

Re: Trainer Ledge Collision Glitch: Fixed in Spanish versions of R/S

Posted by: Blaziken257
Date: 2013-05-03 12:09:06
You're welcome. I wonder if any other bugs have been fixed in the Spanish version (though most of the glitches I've tried haven't been). There are other quirks about the Spanish version that I know of, though (not really bugs), so I'll get around to mentioning those one day…