Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Decamark hexes 2800 to 28FF, firered. - Page 1

Decamark hexes 2800 to 28FF, firered.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-04-05 17:24:51
Not putting this in the main thread since I haven't formatted it correctly, but this is some data. 

I have recorded info on Decamarks from 0x2800 to 0x28FF in firered.  (It took a long time).  Not all of them have complete data, and none have the base stats as the extended hacker program no longer exists.  I also didn't try to record data on ones that would fail to appear in battle (the game would crash).  I also took a save-state on each one I could catch, and images of the 4 stat pages (assuming they existed for that Pokémon). 

Here are some links:

[table]
[tr][td]File[/td][td]Size[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Save-states and images[/td][td]4.28 MB compressed, 5.69 uncompressed[/td][td]Zip folder[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Data[/td][td]15.9 KB[/td][td].xlsx Excel Spreadsheet, formatted[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Data[/td][td]11.1 KB[/td][td].csv Spreadsheet, no formatting.[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Since I have a lot of data, I will not be posting it here immediately.  Also, the extended hacker program would be useful. 

I jumped to 28** so that I could be sure I wouldn't get old data.  Also, I wanted a change of pace.  One thing of note is that at this point, you don't get names for the Pokémon anymore.  The game freezes on trying to load it, often with annoying glitch sounds.  This doesn't apply to trying to read said names in the PC, though. 

Re: Decamark hexes 2800 to 28FF, firered.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-04-06 07:39:23
Great work!!

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-04-06 13:34:09
Using Voltage's Pomeg glitch method, it's possible to view the status screens of Pokémon from the 7th slot to about the 150th slot in battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nDwHEoqPhM

Could this aid your discoveries in any way? Conversely, could what you've found enhance this glitch?

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-04-06 18:36:52

Using Voltage's Pomeg glitch method, it's possible to view the status screens of Pokémon from the 7th slot to about the 150th slot in battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nDwHEoqPhM

Could this aid your discoveries in any way? Conversely, could what you've found enhance this glitch?

Well, what I found is more of a list of stuff acquired with cheats.  One thing I noticed with that though (and I posted this a while ago) was that you can also get to this list by going into battle with no Pokémon (walk thru walls cheating, in this case). 

One thing I noticed about that was that the Pokémon could have varying names.  I once got one named ..  Which is fun. 

[img]http://i.imgur.com/amBLr5k.png[/img]

This is separate from the pomeg method as the pomeg one would give you a large quantity of hex 0 (and possibly a few of other hexes), while this is me cheating to try to research a large quantity of Decamarks.