Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Cave of Origin sound retention - Page 1

Cave of Origin sound retention

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-07-29 15:35:11
I heard about this from the RSE glitch thread on Serebii a few years ago, but only now decided to test it out.

Hatching an Egg or evolving a Pokémon whilst in the Cave of Origin plays new music. As the Cave of Origin has none with which to replace it once the cutscene is over, the hatching/evolution music will continue until the player exits the room.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cave_of_Origin

If a Pokémon evolves or an Egg hatches here, the music will play on the floor until the player leaves.

Re: Cave of Origin sound retention

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-07-29 16:40:03
Yeah, I'm thinking of videoing that soon.

No music plays at Birth Island in FireRed/LeafGreen either, so it's worth seeing if the glitch occurs there.

In theory, I can actually test this on a real console and cart, as I got an AuroraTicket at an event in Leicester but I don't know if I have enough items; I transferred most of my FireRed/LeafGreen stuff to Generation IV. I could buy a cheating device for GBA though.

One thing though:

I Water Stone'd Eevee in Cave of Origin's bottom floor, with Groudon.

The music didn't stay.
And there are no wild Pokémon there, bar Groudon.

EDIT: Nope, evolving via battling Groudon did nothing, either

I wonder why the glitch didn't work for them.

Edit: On my EU FireRed, on a Nintendo DS Lite, I evolved a Nuzleaf into a Shiftry using a Leaf Stone in both Birth Island and the ferry entrance, but the evolution music didn't continue playing after the evolution finished.
Edit 2: On an emulator using NA FireRed, I repeated what I did above, but with a Gloom. The music didn't stay. I also evolved a Caterpie with a Rare Candy in Birth Island/the entrance, but didn't get the evolution music to keep playing. I then tried stopping the evolution, but that didn't work either.