Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Jam type - Page 1

Jam type

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-11-19 08:14:09
Sorry. It isn't a real type but my ?????????? looks like it says it is Jam type. It is funny.

And I caught a Rock Slide Randomly. (Hex 255)

Re: Jam type

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-11-19 14:05:00
That's funny. XD

Before, I thought the glitch Pokemon weren't all that glitchy, but when I watched some videos of it and this….wow. :P

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2006-11-19 16:54:06
Jam type, hehehe :D

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2006-11-21 12:13:25
Looks extremely glitchy… Sometimes I'll research FireRed glitches… shame my ARMax's encounter code doesn't work on my FireRed…

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-11-21 13:18:20
Explanation:

"Jam" is the second half of "Normal" reversed.

"NORMAL" -> "MAL" -> "JAM"

also, DAMN your usertitle is cool. I just hope I won't have to fix the security hole you discovered (and yes I know where it is and how to fix it).

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-11-22 14:03:28

also, DAMN your usertitle is cool. I just hope I won't have to fix the security hole you discovered (and yes I know where it is and how to fix it).

Sorry for going off topic, but WHY THE HECK CAN'T I USE IT IN MY USER TITLE?! o_o;;;

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-11-22 16:15:34

Sorry for going off topic, but WHY THE HECK CAN'T I USE IT IN MY USER TITLE?! o_o;;;

(offtopic)
ahahaha pichu i tried the bold thing you are trying it doesnt work XD

BACKONTOPIC!

Posted by: Tweaker
Date: 2006-11-26 17:28:51
I can help explain the whole "Jam" thing - something you messed with (code, maybe? who knows) caused you to corrupt the mappings frames for the images that represent the pokemon type. Abwayax explained HOW it messed up - it triggered the flag in the mappings that mirrors the image, and was caught scrolling halfway through the art for one type and another. The other glitches seem to include corrupting where in ROM (RAM?) the general text is viewed from, and as a result, you get some swedish bullshit "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" text, or whatever it is. =P

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-11-26 17:34:59
I messed up purposely by searching for non-existing hex of Pokemon. I witnessed many random effects after the JAM occurance. Including the Description of Struggle;

[move]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/move]

Seriously it moves across the screen.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2006-11-27 13:32:49
The moving text happened to me after I once caught a Lv.0 Pokemon & was viewing it's attacks, exept it wasn't just A's