Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III Extended Hacking Suite [for viewing Decamark info] - Page 1

Gen III Extended Hacking Suite [for viewing Decamark info]

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-11-30 12:34:19
Remember Newo's old extended hacker? Well, screw that. It was always buggy, probably because I don't think Newo actually had the source code.

I've taken karatekid552's Gen 3 hacking suite (that's coded in python for proper multiplatform support), and added support for invalid pokemon, and everything that goes with that.

The only known bug is that the moves tab on glitch Pokémon (probably) isn't right; and obviously, don't even TRY to edit data about an invalid pokemon!

The Egg Moves tab also doesn't work with invalid Pokémon… but seeing as most decamarks freeze on hatch anyway…

Please note that it will take a few minutes to load a ROM with this tool…

[img]http://goput.it/66gq.png[/img]
[img]http://goput.it/x12h.png[/img]
[img]http://goput.it/ygvd.png[/img]

Downloads:

Win32 (self-contained exe): http://ge.tt/95P8MP72
Python 2 code (for running on other platforms - needs Python Imaging Library and wxPython2.8): http://ge.tt/9m8GMP72

Re: Gen III Extended Hacking Suite [for viewing Decamark info]

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-11-30 12:50:37
Cool. I'm looking forward for the release. :)

When you say "the moves tab on glitch Pokémon (probably) isn't right", do you mean the learnpool/TM and HM data may be incorrect?

Will this work for all English Generation III games? (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen?)

Also, is it possible for some of this glitch Pokémon data to be taken from the memory?

Date: 2014-11-30 13:14:46

When you say "the moves tab on glitch Pokémon (probably) isn't right", do you mean the learnpool/TM and HM data may be incorrect?

I mean the learnpool. Most of the glitch Pokémon's learnpool pointers point to beyond the end of the ROM. I frankly don't want to figure out the nuances of the GBA memory map just yet (and it's perfectly probable that for some glitch Pokémon, it points to RAM), so for now it just uses the pointer modulo ROM size if the pointer is beyond the end of the ROM.

Will this work for all English Generation III games? (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen?)

The tool is configurable with an INI (and the Pokécommunity thread I linked to has some configurations for other language Gen 3 games, but out of the box it does have support for R/S/E/FR/LG English.

Also, is it possible for some of this glitch Pokémon data to be taken from the memory?

The base stats data is in a fixed place, but I've already explained above about the learnpool.
Pokédex data is just taken from #000 if it's invalid; and the footprint sprite too. However, some glitch Pokémon, like R/S 0x88A6, have valid (but glitched) footprint sprites!

I'll be releasing it shortly, I just need to upload the files somewhere.
Just added the download links to the OP.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2014-11-30 14:18:59
This looks nice. Looking forward to it!

I mean the learnpool. Most of the glitch Pokémon's learnpool pointers point to beyond the end of the ROM. I frankly don't want to figure out the nuances of the GBA memory map just yet (and it's perfectly probable that for some glitch Pokémon, it points to RAM), so for now it just uses the pointer modulo ROM size if the pointer is beyond the end of the ROM.

The tool is configurable with an INI (and the Pokécommunity thread I linked to has some configurations for other language Gen 3 games, but out of the box it does have support for R/S/E/FR/LG English.

The base stats data is in a fixed place, but I've already explained above about the learnpool.
Pokédex data is just taken from #000 if it's invalid; and the footprint sprite too. However, some glitch Pokémon, like R/S 0x88A6, have valid (but glitched) footprint sprites!

I'll be releasing it shortly, I just need to upload the files somewhere.
Just added the download links to the OP.

Hah, I see you've read my post.

Update:

Sorry, I don't get on forums much, but anyway, it doesn't work. Every rom I tried brought up:

Section '(gibberish)' was not found on the ini. Game code was loaded from 0xAC in the rom.

How do I fix?

Date: 2014-11-30 14:24:28
Spoink: I've merged your two posts together, it would be nice if you could use the edit button next time.

Date: 2014-12-24 11:20:38
The program has been updated. The glitch Pokémon names are now retrieved in the same way as the games themselves.

If the name is above 100 bytes, the name shown by the application will be the hex identifier of the Pokémon and the length of the name.

ROMs should also load a bit faster now.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2014-12-24 15:22:37
um, wack0? I've ran into a problem.

You see, sometimes the rom doesn't work, but other times, it gives me this: [attachimg1]

Date: 2014-12-24 15:27:16
Will fix as soon as possible.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-10-14 15:11:05
As I'm proficient in Python 2, I'll see if I can get glitch editing to work, because reasons. Unless I can find a way to allow glitch Pokemon editing AND you want me to release the fixed version, it'll most likely only be used by me, so no one ask for it plz ty.

Date: 2016-10-15 07:45:42

As I'm proficient in Python 2, I'll see if I can get glitch editing to work, because reasons. Unless I can find a way to allow glitch Pokemon editing AND you want me to release the fixed version, it'll most likely only be used by me, so no one ask for it plz ty.

hahahahaha no, unless you really want to corrupt other parts of the ROM :)