Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

New glitch (?) found in FRLG engine - Page 1

New glitch (?) found in FRLG engine

Posted by: theparanoiabug97
Date: 2015-07-23 11:40:42
SO!

I was playing a hack of Fire Red (Advanced Adventure, same engine) and I happened to have a full team of 6, with 5 pokemon fainted. The non-fainted one, a Scyther, was in my 5th party slot, and one of my other pokemon, a Tyrogue, had an EXP share on. Entering a double trainer battle, the first thing that happened was, upon entering the battle, the text "Go! SCYTHER and SCYTHER!" even though there was only one Scyther on my team. Both had the same moves, and there were two Scyther sprites onscreen. I tried to go to the Switch screen, and things looked a bit odd. For one, my Servine and my Tyrogue, both fainted, were in the double battle slots at the top of the party. Instead of my Scyther and a Remoraid, two other party slots were being occupied by another Servine and Tyrogue. I tried battling. It now said, for both allies, "What will TYROGUE do?" but showed my Scyther's moveset. The playing field on my side now appeared empty. On the first turn, my Scyther, being low on health, fainted. Instead of the battle continuing, the game crashed. That is all.

Re: New glitch (?) found in FRLG engine

Posted by: camper
Date: 2015-07-24 01:47:45
Yes, that happens when the game doesn't verify you have two non-fainted Pokemon before entering a double battle. It's the hacker's fault.