Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Mysterious Black Screen in Emerald? - Page 1

Mysterious Black Screen in Emerald?

Posted by: avemflamma
Date: 2016-05-18 18:35:38
The other day, I got distracted from messing around on my Emerald cart and looked away.. when I looked back, my screen had turned black. No music played; it was frozen. When I turned it off, the screen didn't shift in coloration or change at all. Later, this actually reoccured in front of my eyes. I had just exited a battle when suddenly the screen just turned blank. I have no idea what is going on, so I'd like to consult you guys! I've never encountered anything like this before, so I'm super curious.

Re: Mysterious Black Screen in Emerald?

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2016-05-19 05:58:42
I think your cart is just dying  ;D

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-05-19 10:07:23
Remember to properly blow the cart before usage ^^
(Nintendo always failed to put that in their manuals… Maybe it is a strategy of theirs to force us to buy newer consoles O_o)

Posted by: avemflamma
Date: 2016-05-19 15:15:25

I think your cart is just dying  ;D

Guess so. That's what I initially thought, but I really haven't had/used this cart for very long at all. It is used though, so maybe the person who used it before me went to town on it :P

Remember to properly blow the cart before usage ^^
(Nintendo always failed to put that in their manuals… Maybe it is a strategy of theirs to force us to buy newer consoles O_o)

Ooh, yeah, I'll try that next time I start up the game. Thanks ^^