Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

(Cheat only for now) Wally's Pokémon fainting in the capture tutorial (R\S\E) - Page 1

(Cheat only for now) Wally's Pokémon fainting in the capture tutorial (R\S\E)

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-08-29 12:56:33
Note:As of now, this can be done only by modifying the ROM or using cheats, because the Ralts doesn't have any attacking moves at level 5.

Anyway… When I was playing randomized Ruby, I went to Petalburg, and began the tutorial, Wally encountered a Nosepass, and had a Lotad.
It had Covet, Poison Sting*, Fire Punch* and Superpower*.
Poison Sting was dealing 10 damage to it and knocked it out (it had 20HP). Then I blacked** whited out, but i didin't lose any money whatsoever.
I tested it before on German Debug Ruby so knew that this you will get weirder results if you have more than one Pokémon so i tested it and…the game asked me if I want to use another Pokémon so… I chose yes and, without any menu, I sent out nothing (a hex:0000 decamark).
Please move this thread if it's in the wrong section.
If anyone can, then please research this.
I might sound like a glitching noob right now but i seriously don't know what's happening anymore.
I might also test this on Emerald soon.
* - Super effective against the Lotad.
** - I think I've been playing gen 1 too much.