Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Project DecaFix - Page 1

Project DecaFix

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-09-05 00:11:32
(This will take an affinity of 3:1 over Project GStart.)
This project is to become documentation on EXACTLY where decamarks go horribly, horribly wrong. It's so annoying that they crash, either on the STATS page or in-battle. So… let's find out WHY. Maybe then we can fix whatever's the problem. Anyway, expect lots of BGB ASM dumps and things of that persuasion. Submitting SAVs is REALLY helpful, but savestates from before battle or before hitting "STATS" are even better! Just post the hashes of the ROM used and SAV/state too. (Igorware Hasher works well for those who are forced into the cult of Sat–er, Windows.)

Sending saves and states:
I will use BGB, so use that for states. I think VBA uses no special SAV format, but load one in BGB and see how it ends up.

Preferred save upload format:
Filename: "<'Save' or 'State', no quotes>.<username>.<Python 2 timecode, see Note 1>.<game, letter designation, eg. LG>.zip

Example:
Save.yeniaul.example.LG.zip
Inside:
Two folders: "<'Save' or 'State', depending, no quotes>" and "Data".
Place your save or state in the appropriate folder, and hash the save/state to a file. If using Igorware, create ALL 3 hash types. Drop the files in "Data" with no filename modification. Do the same for the ROM, but don't include the ROM itself, just the hashes.
Specific instructions? Yes. For a reason? Yes. Predetermined format helps keep my Python sorter efficient and small.

Note 1:
For the Python 2 timecode, go here and click Python. Type the following:

import time
print time.time()

Take the number in the sidebar and slap it in the filename, but remove the decimal and numbers after if applicable. This lets me sort by TIME too.

Alright, now that we have the long-winded-but-under-4MB-thread out of the way, let's begin.