Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

A thought about the status screen glitch in FireRed/LeafGreen - Page 1

A thought about the status screen glitch in FireRed/LeafGreen

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-09-10 13:27:39
The status screen glitch occurs in FireRed/LeafGreen when you trade a Pokémon with excessively high HP over from Emerald, then continually switch between this Pokémon and another. Sometimes you get glitchy sprites, but other times you may have the game reset. I wonder (with no evidence) if it is possible that the game is actually executing arbitrary code?

Re: A thought about the status screen glitch in FireRed/LeafGreen

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-09-10 13:54:14
I think it might, but this data would be pretty much unavailable and you would not be able to manipulate the outcomes.

Also, can i ask you something related to the originals? Just one little question.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-09-10 13:55:13

I think it might, but this data would be pretty much unavailable and you would not be able to manipulate the outcomes.

Also, can i ask you something related to the originals? Just one little question.

Sure, feel free. :)

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-09-21 15:24:55
This discussion was moved to a different topic… anyway it works now.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2016-10-12 18:54:42
Something you might find interesting is that it's possible to experiment with the effects of different HP values, as they cause the degree of glitchiness in the status screen to vary as the HP goes down. http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=6868.msg194518#msg194518