Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Any FR/LG item duplication glitch? - Page 1

Any FR/LG item duplication glitch?

Posted by: TheAngryrRampardos
Date: 2017-10-23 15:37:30
Just wondering if there's any of the sort from maximizing rare candies to tms that could be accomplished in the Gen remakes?

Re: Any FR/LG item duplication glitch?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-10-23 16:05:25
I'm not sure, sorry.

However, I know that in Pokémon Emerald there is a way to duplicate items in the bag or storage PC via Pomeg data corruption glitch, as demonstrated by TheZZAZZGlitch here. If you have Pokémon Emerald you can do that (and if necessary if you have a Link Cable you should be able to trade the item as a hold item from FireRed/LeafGreen to Emerald).

The Pomeg data corruption glitch can be executed on FireRed/LeafGreen too; if a Pokémon with negative HP is traded over from Emerald. In order to do that, you need to have it so your Pokémon is at an adequate level to drop 2 points instead of 1 (otherwise the best you can do is faint the Pokémon). I don't know the specifics regarding the minimum level you need, but if you have a Level 50 Pokémon it should gain 2 HP points after using a HP Up. Afterwards, if the Pokémon's maximum HP is odd (e.g. Banette) you can have that Pokémon use Curse twice to get 1 HP, otherwise you can get the Pokémon poisoned in Petalburg Woods and walk around until its HP reaches 1.

After reaching 1 HP use that Pomeg Berry to get 65535 HP (or 65534 HP, which is apparently due to another bug) after which you can trade the Pokémon over to FireRed/LeafGreen and perform the usual Pomeg corruption glitch effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIrfohYVWoQ

Hope this helps. :)

Posted by: Nostalgia
Date: 2017-10-23 16:37:19
Not in FR/LG, but in Emerald it's really easy to clone items in the Battle Frontier. Just as simple as cloning in the gen II games really. Sucks you have to wait until post-game to access the Frontier, but then it's really easy to clone TM's, Vitamins, Master Balls etc.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-10-23 16:53:41
Ah yes. ^^

I think with Battle Tower cloning it can be slower for mass duplication but you get the advantage of it working all the time where with Pomeg glitch the chances can be slim. I recommend the Battle Tower cloning as Nostalgia describes personally.

That also makes me remember that if you can get a fast cloning glitch Pokémon with Pomeg glitch you have a quicker way of cloning on both Emerald and FireRed, but it can be a pain to get one.

These are the IDs from Metarkrai's any Pokémon/item/move Pastebin:

(Emer Fr : 0x2890, Emer Us : 0x288A, Emer Spa : 0x2890, Emer Ita : 0x2718, Emer Ger : 0x2891, Emer Jap : 0x2660, FrLg FR : 0x320B, FrLg US : 0x3200, FrLg Spa : 0x3210, FrLg Ita : 0x320A, FrLg Ger : 0x320F, FrLg Jap : 0x4F90 )

Date: 2017-10-23 17:01:34
Wow this is all really confusing & complicated but right now I'll go with the pomeg glitch cause I ain't spend 50 to 100 dollars for an GameShark. :P

Date: 2017-10-24 02:16:02
Only the Pomeg glitch is complicated. The Battle Frontier cloning glitch is incredibly simple and there are many videos showing you how easy it is to do, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhRScYEKY1s&t=11s

Date: 2017-10-24 22:22:27

Only the Pomeg glitch is complicated. The Battle Frontier cloning glitch is incredibly simple and there are many videos showing you how easy it is to do, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhRScYEKY1s&t=11s

Well look's like i'm gonna have to get my hands on a copy pf emerald then.
:P

Date: 2017-10-25 07:47:22
Well that's a good decision because it's the best 3rd gen game out there. Lots of fun and the Battle Frontier gives the game loads of replay value, much more then any other 3rd gen game. I have 200+ hours on my Emerald file because I put a lot of time into the Battle Frontier and managed to get 5 out of the 7 Gold Symbols.