Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Pokémon XD: Decamark 0x19D converts into Bonsly? - Page 1

Pokémon XD: Decamark 0x19D converts into Bonsly?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-02-06 15:03:32
VaeporSage/VaePomegGlitch's thread about the Pokémon XD floating platforms reminded me at around the time (May 2017) I tried to replicate it, I also used my GameCube's Action Replay to get a Bonsly in the party (normally unique to the Battle Bingo minigame) and Munchlax (normally an NPC's Pokémon).

What surprised me is that the Bonsly could be traded to Ruby with no errors whatsoever (although it became a Decamark hex:019D; the same as Bonsly in XD) with a freezing summary, the party loaded though). So maybe if we use Pomeg data corruption glitch to obtain 0x19D in Emerald we can do all that without a cheating device. Munchlax would in theory also require the 0x19E Decamark. If those glitch Pokémon don't want to hatch or freeze after viewing them (from double corruption) though that could be a problem.

Re: Pokémon XD: Decamark 0x19D converts into Bonsly?

Posted by: Metarkrai
Date: 2018-02-20 05:07:52
Could you transfer the Glitch Pokémon 0x019D back to XD after trading it to your Ruby version ?

Some people who obtained Glitch Pokémon tried to trade them to XD/Colosseum but most of the time they weren't displayed in the trading screen (their slot was empty).

Else, can't you trade between Emerald and XD ? That would make things easier and avoid the potential hatching issue.

Date: 2018-02-28 12:10:15
Not sure if you can trade it back sorry, but may try that soon.

In answer to your second question though TheMirageTV was apparently able to trade it to Emerald and have it on video (but not sure if they could trade it back).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZD-ZSZDWKM

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2018-04-02 17:08:39
It would be cool if you could obtain 0x019D and 0x019E glitch Pokemon and trade them to XD: Gale of Darkness to morph them into Bonsly/Munchlax. I mean, I doubt that's how it'd play out in reality because Colosseum/XD are ultra hostile to anything even slightly glitchy coming in from other games, but I'd be interested to know what does happen.

I guess someday I might test this on console, but last time I tried hatching glitch Pokemon was like 2 years ago, and I spent countless hours with no success aiming for 3 different glitch species at different times. I was able to get Jirachi, Deoxys and a few others without much difficulty, so I'm not sure why it never worked out.

Date: 2018-05-10 05:41:13

It would be cool if you could obtain 0x019D and 0x019E glitch Pokemon and trade them to XD: Gale of Darkness to morph them into Bonsly/Munchlax. I mean, I doubt that's how it'd play out in reality because Colosseum/XD are ultra hostile to anything even slightly glitchy coming in from other games, but I'd be interested to know what does happen.

I guess someday I might test this on console, but last time I tried hatching glitch Pokemon was like 2 years ago, and I spent countless hours with no success aiming for 3 different glitch species at different times. I was able to get Jirachi, Deoxys and a few others without much difficulty, so I'm not sure why it never worked out.

I finally got around to attempting it on console with Bonsly, and like you said it seems Pokémon XD wouldn't recognize the Bonsly.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/q6igVnB.png[/img]

Again though Pokémon XD would allow me to trade the Bonsly I obtained on Pokémon XD using an Action Replay, and this one can be traded back:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/mxFE6Ev.png[/img]

But reviewing the summary screens this seems to have been the correct Decamark:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/QkjUtqf.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/zLb6r7F.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/BJeIfA2.png[/img]

When linking up again, the "Togepi" Bonsly (the one I got with an Action Replay) can be traded back, while the other appears as a blank space.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JbQY4Wx.png[/img]

I don't know what's making the game not recognize it, but if I didn't get the wrong Decamark maybe it's the total experience which was a glitch value with a ? mark in it or (maybe less likely) the Trainer ID not being the same as the XD file.

Edit: It didn't recognise my Celebi I got from double corruption either. Will try the hatching method if it works, if can avoid the experience and ribbons that way then maybe XD will recognise it.
Edit 2: Got the 'Bonsly' Egg but it freezes my game upon hatching. Going to trade it to other Generation III games until I find a game that doesn't freeze.
Edit 3: Hmm. I didn't clone the Bonsly Egg and probably should have, although I still have a Dots clone with the EVs applied to do this again. I traded the Bonsly Egg to Ruby where it hatched, but I forgot only hatching it (unlike the double corruption method I used before) gives it glitch moves, and it hatched at Level 0. I raised it a little and it jumped to Level 20 something. Tried to see if XD recognised it at both Level 0 and 20 something and it didn't recognise it. Now not sure if this glitch Pokémon will ever learn the moves at the Day Care to get rid of all its glitch moves. Cannot check its experience as its summary freezes the game before you can check it.
Edit 4: I guess maybe with an advanced double corruption you could make a version of the glitch Pokémon that is accepted by XD, but not sure how you would go across doing that.

Date: 2018-05-10 11:27:13
You can try to single-corrupt a Smeargle with a Corruption type of 4, trained with :
- Glitch Move 0x019D/0x019E as its 1st move (no other move)
- 64 Speed EVs
- 2 Pokeblocks with Oran Berry, 1 NPC, and a Maximal RPM higher than 94 RPM. (Blue Pokéblock, Lv 12, 20 Feel)
- 4 Pokéblocks with Oran Berry, 2 NPCs, and a Maximal RPM higher than 80 RPM. (Indigo Pokéblock, Lv 10, 20 Feel)
- 1 Pokéblock with Persim Berry, 1 NPC, and a Maximal RPM higher than 94 RPM. (Pink/Yellow/Green Pokéblock, Lv 12, 20 Feel)
This way you obtain 64 Beauty and 140 Feel.

Thus, corrupt the PID of this Smeargle (you must see the Glitch Pokémon inside the Egg), and hatch the Egg.

Corruption Type 4 is : GA AE EG MM.
Growth is read on Attacks, so Smeargle becomes Glitch Pokémon 0x019D/0x019E.
With a single corruption, his Held Item and Exp would be affected, but the hatching removes that.
Attacks are read on EVs & Contest data.
With 64 Speed EVs and 64 Beauty, this Smeargle will end up with moves after a single corruption.
He will have some PPs that you can remove by depositing the Pokémon in the PC.
The EVs & Contest substructure will be reset with the hatching.
The Miscellanous substructure will be reset with the hatching.

The only thing that would be potentially non-zero is the last word of the Growth substructure that is apparently unused.

If you can transfer your Gen 3 saves on your PC, could I have a copy of it to look at your transferred Bonsly and see if he has some particular thing ?

Because in the past, someone wanted to transfer a Celebi to XD/Colosseum (I don't remember which), and even with a double-corruption that gave a Celebi with valid moves/origin/EVs/ribbons/unused data, the Pokémon was still invisible at the trading screen.

Date: 2018-05-10 12:35:14
Thank you Metarkrai!

I'll try to see if I can upload the Celebi and 0x19D I got with double corruption and if I'm able to do it I'll send them asap. I don't have a flash card or hacked Wii to do that yet (both Hacky and Zowayix talked about it here), but next time I experiment with the Pomeg glitch I'll consider setting things up to do that as it saves a lot of time for experimenting, and in theory could manually edit those Pokémon on the emulator detail by detail and import them on to the cartridge.

Date: 2018-05-10 13:46:33

Thank you Metarkrai!

I'll try to see if I can upload the Celebi and 0x19D I got with double corruption and if I'm able to do it I'll send them asap. I don't have a flash card or hacked Wii to do that yet (both Hacky and Zowayix talked about it here), but next time I experiment with the Pomeg glitch I'll consider setting things up to do that as it saves a lot of time for experimenting, and in theory could manually edit those Pokémon on the emulator detail by detail and import them on to the cartridge.

If you have ACE set up on your game, you could also use a code to generate a Celebi/0x019D/0x019E and see if they can be transferred. (of course, on emulator this is easily done by editing the pointer of a npc script and writing the script somewhere in ram, or just by editing the data of a Pokémon).

If, in the end, there are still many unknown things blocking the successful transfer, we could maybe ask TuxSH if he knows some things about that (he made a save editor for Colo/XD, so he maybe came across conditions regarding trades or Pokémon legality).