Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Consistent ACE Birth Island Warping? - Page 1

Consistent ACE Birth Island Warping?

Posted by: eliasthompson
Date: 2018-03-19 12:51:44
Hi all,

I'm in the middle of trying to complete a Living Dex where all Pokemon come from the generation that they were introduced, and I'm up to the point where I'd like to try and get the in-game event Deoxys for that purpose (Mew in FR/LG would be a plus). I've tried to look up information on how do this in this decade, and once again it seems like ACE is the only viable possibility. (Sidenote: ACE in Gen 1-2 was documented and easy enough to follow, but Gen 3 takes it to a whole other level.)

The end result I'm trying to get to seems at the very least possible with TheZZAZZGlitch's demonstration, but it seems like his explanation was more of an over-arching methodology on the techniques behind how to go about, without much of a detailed step-by-step. It also make use of some convenient Lua scripts that I can't really take advantage of on console.

Looking at that method as well as some of Princess Torchic ❤'s posts and videos, it looks like enough pieces are out there to get this done, but figuring out how to obtain the correct glitch move & Pokemon for an escape rope spawn change, as well as how to obtain the necessary glitch items and they're order doesn't seem to be broken down in detail anywhere that I can find. In addition, there's also the hurdle on console of how to tell if the save file alignment starts odd or not, making it 50/50 that the game I start on Emerald would even work or not. It just seems like there's enough collective knowledge and pieces out there to make something like this doable on console (maybe), but it's not all together for specific locations warps.

If anyone's done this, or has more of an idea on how to string together some Glitzer Popping ACE steps to get here, then that'd help me and I imagine a few others out there who use these complicated glitches to get these old Pokemon late out a ton. Otherwise, I'll continue to try and string together what I can find once I get to it.