Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

'Legit' Jirachi - Page 1

'Legit' Jirachi

Posted by: Tibo
Date: 2018-04-23 10:56:00
Hi,
So I basicly followed the steps from this video (https://youtu.be/9iAQMSbYLwo). It involves Double corruption while the pokemon (with jirachi EV's) hold item 0x2100 (which will set region to Hoenn and will set the ball it was caught in as a regular pokeball). However, I used DOTS instead of a pokemon with data substructure 2/3/12/13.

In the video he gets a Jirachi with 8 ribbons and lv 0, I get a Jirachi with 11 ribbons, lv 100 and ?852160 exp.
Even if I fix the exp to 1250000, it won't tranfer to pokebank.

Why is this and/or can I fix it?

Re: 'Legit' Jirachi

Posted by: Tibo
Date: 2018-04-23 14:15:19
Alright after a lot of testing I finally found a way around these problems.

1) Double corrupt to get item hex:0x2100
2) Give item hex:0x2100 to DOTS (with Jirachi EV's)
3) Pomeg data corrupt these DOTS so you get an egg containing Jirachi (don's double corrupt!!!) and hatch it.
4) Tranfer to HG/SS (probably also D/P/P but i could not test this) and revome corrupted moves.
- In my case MOVE 1&3 were normal and MOVE 2&4 were corrupted (blank)
!Do not look at the summary of a pokemon with it's first move corrupted, it will crash the game
- I removed the first move and learned it an extra through a TM (FLASH and PROTECT are cheap ones)
- Put Jirachi in daycare until it learned a new move so the first corrupted move dissapeared
-… repeat untill all corrupted moves are gone
5) Transfer to B/W/B2/W2
6) Transfer to pokebank