Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

FR/LG: Eevee obtained in Celadon City displays incorrect location in dept store - Page 1

FR/LG: Eevee obtained in Celadon City displays incorrect location in dept store

Posted by: Awkward_pikachu
Date: 2018-06-01 05:43:34
I recently ran across a youtube comment mentioning this glitch (if you can call it that) that occurs in FireRed/LeafGreen. The "met in" location displayed on the summary screen of the Eevee obtained in Celadon City changes from "CELADON CITY" to "CELADON DEPT." while you are inside the Celadon Department Store. It seems like a hardly noteworthy glitch, but this is the first time I heard about it and I haven't seen it documented anywhere else. I am playing English/USA FireRed Rev 1.1.

I decided to do additional testing to see if it occurs with all pokemon obtained within Celadon City. I confirmed that it happens with pokemon from the game corner and with eggs hatched in Celadon City. I didn't test whether it happens on a pokemon obtained in Celadon City that were traded from another game, but I doubt the outcome would be different.

Re: FR/LG: Eevee obtained in Celadon City displays incorrect location in dept store

Posted by: Metarkrai
Date: 2018-06-05 07:10:07
I already saw this glitch on a page about Gen III glitches, but I don't exactly remember where.

It is mentioned on PRAMA ( http://www.prama-initiative.com/index.php?page=glitches-mineurs-rse#Centre ) but I remember having seen it on another page.