Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

How does Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire respond to glitch Pokemon? - Page 1

How does Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire respond to glitch Pokemon?

Posted by: lanturnite
Date: 2018-07-30 20:50:28
The game of Pokemon Box is rarely, if ever, talked about, and I couldnt find any discussion on this topic, so I was curious. Has anyone tried to transfer a Decamark variant, Bad Egg, one of the versions of ?, or any other Gen 3 Pokemon to Pokemon Box?

Im not sure if the game would allow it, or at least even recognize it, so I think that its be an interesting thing to see if it can store glitch Pokemon. Sorry if this has been discussed before, I couldnt find any information about it. ;;

Re: How does Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire respond to glitch Pokemon?

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2018-07-31 21:14:19
Idk about glitch Pokémon, but I did test glitch moves a few years ago. Though I've made Deoxys, Jirachi, Ho-Oh and others, I've never been able to create a glitch Pokémon through corruption despite a lot of effort, so I can't really test it myself.

https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=6868.msg195747#msg195747

When you try to transfer Pokémon with glitch moves from Emerald to Ruby/Sapphire, the game freezes, so Box: R/S is in fact the only means of getting those moves into R/S.