Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

help this guy won't stop bothering me - Page 1

help this guy won't stop bothering me

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-03-05 16:36:11
Some idiot at my school won't shut the hell up about wanting a legit Deoxys in FireRed. How can I trigger the event to shut him up? Glitches are fair game, but he's emulating (RetroArch/mGBA, on a Chromebook) so no trading.

Re: help this guy won't stop bothering me

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-03-05 18:13:49
Glitzer Popping double corruption would be a way, assuming he has the patience for that. Injecting the Wonder Card or even modifying the map ID would give you a "more legit" Deoxys than that, though (as it would be caught at level 30 in Birth Island)…

Posted by: RashFaustinho
Date: 2019-03-06 02:10:16
If he wants a legit Deoxys and that's it, you can trigger his event via cheats to get on Birth Island, and then catch it normally

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-03-07 02:10:28
Yeah, if you're using an emulator, you can just use cheat codes - just sneak them in using a GameShark code file – here, I made one for VBA… :^)

Date: 2019-03-07 08:24:11

Yeah, if you're using an emulator, you can just use cheat codes - just sneak them in using a GameShark code file – here, I made one for VBA… :^)
what part of "RetroArch/mGBA, on a Chromebook" did you miss? xD

i need specific codes.

Date: 2019-03-07 10:55:45
GameShark codes now? Well, this should warp you to Birth Island in FireRed:
554D9257
D0472EF8

This is so much cooler though!

Date: 2019-03-07 11:44:18

GameShark codes now? Well, this should warp you to Birth Island in FireRed:
554D9257
D0472EF8

This is so much cooler though!
I can't really do Glitzer Popping. IIRC in FireRed/LeafGreen you have to trade a Pokemon over from the other Gen 3 games for it, and because he's on a Chromebook, Netplay is broken.

Date: 2019-03-07 13:11:35
If this is just about getting him a Deoxys, either use that warp code or the tool I linked to put the Aurora Ticket on his save.

I don't have close to the needed patience for Glitzer Popping either, but if this isn't about using glitches I might move the topic.

Date: 2019-03-07 14:05:40
it was supposed to be but meh

lock it, i really don't care anymore (but don't trash it, i'll PM you when i'm done with the info)

Date: 2019-03-07 14:19:36
Okay.