Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Interesting effects of Berry Blending with non-berry items - Page 1

Interesting effects of Berry Blending with non-berry items

Posted by: greentyphlosion
Date: 2019-07-13 05:27:21
Sadly my Xploder cartridge is kaput (I'm still trying to find someone with the capability to fix it; all suggestions welcome) but when it was up and running, I tried out a number of interesting codes on my Sapphire cartridge, including various item modifiers.

The codes allowed you to choose your item and the pocket it went into. Through various experimentations, I ended up getting items such as Mail, Master Balls, and the two Bicycles inside the Berry pocket. These simply functioned normally when selected most of the time, but the interesting thing comes when trying to blend berries in one of the Contest Halls.

Some would crash the screen and cause a blue (or green, or black) screen of death. Some would simply freeze the game. Some would show a garbled sprite bouncing into the blender, and then crash the game. Some actually worked, and produced regular Pokeblocks! (Sadly, I never found an item that would make a Gold Pokeblock with an infinitely high level.

It's been so long since I did this I can't remember what items had what effect. But I'd be very interested in seeing anyone make a video and showing their findings! Hopefully I'll eventually get my Xploder working again (or simply give in and pay $80 for a new one online) and be able to continue researching things like this.

Re: Interesting effects of Berry Blending with non-berry items

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-07-13 11:34:45

Sadly my Xploder cartridge is kaput (I'm still trying to find someone with the capability to fix it; all suggestions welcome) but when it was up and running, I tried out a number of interesting codes on my Sapphire cartridge, including various item modifiers.

The codes allowed you to choose your item and the pocket it went into. Through various experimentations, I ended up getting items such as Mail, Master Balls, and the two Bicycles inside the Berry pocket. These simply functioned normally when selected most of the time, but the interesting thing comes when trying to blend berries in one of the Contest Halls.

Some would crash the screen and cause a blue (or green, or black) screen of death. Some would simply freeze the game. Some would show a garbled sprite bouncing into the blender, and then crash the game. Some actually worked, and produced regular Pokeblocks! (Sadly, I never found an item that would make a Gold Pokeblock with an infinitely high level.

It's been so long since I did this I can't remember what items had what effect. But I'd be very interested in seeing anyone make a video and showing their findings! Hopefully I'll eventually get my Xploder working again (or simply give in and pay $80 for a new one online) and be able to continue researching things like this.

I remember another user talking about glitch Berries, but I didn't know some worked to be blended. Nice find! ^^

In Emerald US you can modify the Berries pocket with A-Save, and this allows for invalid Berries. On their tag they only have Cheri Berry's description, but if you throw them into the blending machine you can get different effects such as freezes, resets and more rarely they are loaded with glitch graphics and you can get Pokéblocks as you mention.

In Ruby US you can probably do the same, or use 02025E74:XXXX. There are 65536 Berries to play around with. 0x85-0xAF are valid, so that leaves 65536-43 or 65493 glitch Berries.

Will upload a video about this soon. :)