Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Rocket Hideout lift key bug (redux) - Page 1

Rocket Hideout lift key bug (redux)

Posted by: Ryccardo
Date: 2019-07-23 17:25:00
Could someone try whether the lift can be used even if the key is deposited or otherwise removed?
It seems that the game only checks for a flag set while attempting to pick it up!

Re: Rocket Hideout lift key bug (redux)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-07-24 06:32:23

Could someone try whether the lift can be used even if the key is deposited or otherwise removed?
It seems that the game only checks for a flag set while attempting to pick it up!

Unfortunately at least not in English Red. - It seems you need to have the Lift Key in your inventory, as defeating the Rocket, obtaining it, and depositing it still gave "It appears to need a key." text.

Posted by: Ryccardo
Date: 2019-07-24 12:11:58
Well, I finally got to try it out myself (got the suspicion while I was distracted by other things when I posted this topic), and it turns out that indeed the item isn't checked… but I also noticed you can't deposit balls or key items in FR/LG either in the first place ;D

It still stands out a bit, since the double check (item+flag) is implemented for the boat tickets, the flute, …

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-07-24 15:06:31

Well, I finally got to try it out myself (got the suspicion while I was distracted by other things when I posted this topic), and it turns out that indeed the item isn't checked… but I also noticed you can't deposit balls or key items in FR/LG either in the first place ;D

It still stands out a bit, since the double check (item+flag) is implemented for the boat tickets, the flute, …

Oh. I thought you meant Generation I and I didn't notice. Sorry re:that.
It's interesting the behaviours seem to differ. :) Great find. ^^