Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Help with getting to faraway island to shiny hunt a mew - Page 1

Help with getting to faraway island to shiny hunt a mew

Posted by: Procymbopteryx
Date: 2019-12-03 23:28:15
It looks like the only way to catch a Poke Transporter legal mew is in Japanese Emerald. So I would need to somehow glitch to the island to hunt one. I will try to follow this video for a Deoxys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pb-6hMDQBs. It looks like a mew thing would be pretty similar.

In the description there is a warp to any map code execution, could that be used to go to Faraway Island to catch a mew? Would these arbitrary code execution instructions in the English version be the same for a Japan version?(I've heard that the Japan version is coded a bit differently) Is there any way to determine save segment order on a physical card (or is it just a 50% chance if it's possible to do the glitch)?