Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen 3 ACE development thread - Page 1

Gen 3 ACE development thread

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-03-20 10:15:37
Since meticulous TheZZAZZGlitch's and Metarkrai's initial documentation, this topic has gone further. Lesser known heroes here are people like Merrp and Startoria with Merrp kindly posting new information here. (ACE has also been worked on via Game Boy Advance-GameCube cable, though that class of ACE is a different one). Discuss :) https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Arbitrary_code_execution

You can find a several people on YouTube who do Gen 3 ACE, and documentation can be found on Japanese blogs, sometimes 2ch.

Re: Gen 3 ACE development thread

Posted by: CasualPokePlayer
Date: 2020-03-24 04:37:55
I've looked into using 0x0611 repeatably (even after hatching) and I've found a place that does the animation without displaying the species name.

https://youtu.be/o2M2p965fic

No need to really EV train DOTS to 233 HP and 64 Attack EVs, when you can simply use a Contest to do ACE lol

Date: 2020-03-24 11:02:24

I've looked into using 0x0611 repeatably (even after hatching) and I've found a place that does the animation without displaying the species name.

https://youtu.be/o2M2p965fic

No need to really EV train DOTS to 233 HP and 64 Attack EVs, when you can simply use a Contest to do ACE lol
Whoa, thank you for this! :)

Date: 2020-03-28 12:24:05
I've dumped a text file for the Ruby/Sapphire animation pointers from 81C7168, hope this may come of use.

Posted by: Inkblot
Date: 2020-04-30 14:04:35
I have been trying to get this set up in Japanese emerald. there was a guide on how to set up a memory editor, which I am hoping can be used alongside RNG abuse to greatly expand what you can and can't do. However, I have been running into issues that I am not sure how to solve, and it seems a lot of the talk is about US versions. I'd love to see Japanese ACE be explored a bit more due to the flexibility.

Date: 2020-04-30 14:39:09

I have been trying to get this set up in Japanese emerald. there was a guide on how to set up a memory editor, which I am hoping can be used alongside RNG abuse to greatly expand what you can and can't do. However, I have been running into issues that I am not sure how to solve, and it seems a lot of the talk is about US versions. I'd love to see Japanese ACE be explored a bit more due to the flexibility.

Gosh :o, wow I didn't know this was a thing.Thanks. I'll try to translate it when get the time.(and maybe make a video). If you can edit the memory, then basically you've won (at least the non DMA stuff but you could say browse through the memory until you find a Pokemon in your party then replace it with anything; like a Shiny Surfing Moltres from A-Save in pure byte form)/anything you want.

Date: 2020-04-30 14:57:52
Oh man, that would be great if you could translate/make a video of it! Yeah, this looks like it could be a lot of fun to mess around with. I'd mainly like to use it to edit my TID/SID and the initial seed, as by having control over those you could rng abuse whatever you wanted. currently, I have been trying to set up the memory editor, but I have been having issues with the part where it asks you to spawn eggs in box one. I am trying to get one in box 1 slot 15, but when I have been trying it, the egg appears in slot 2 or 3. I am not sure what is causing it but I am trying to get 085f again to see if the way I got it might have been wrong.

EDIT: So the issue might be that I was using the wrong method to set it up. Its a bit confusing to navigate the blog due to it all being in Japanese. This might be the proper set-up for making the memory editor with 0x085f. I will look into it more.

Date: 2020-04-30 16:38:37

Oh man, that would be great if you could translate/make a video of it! Yeah, this looks like it could be a lot of fun to mess around with. I'd mainly like to use it to edit my TID/SID and the initial seed, as by having control over those you could rng abuse whatever you wanted. currently, I have been trying to set up the memory editor, but I have been having issues with the part where it asks you to spawn eggs in box one. I am trying to get one in box 1 slot 15, but when I have been trying it, the egg appears in slot 2 or 3. I am not sure what is causing it but I am trying to get 085f again to see if the way I got it might have been wrong.

Sure, I'll try my best. ^^ Sorry to hear that happened :(  I don't know why either sorry, and will have to go through it like you. Maybe a box name typo? Hope you can get it to work soon and good luck.

JP Gen III ACE is new to me too (and Gen 3 ACE in general except for trying merrp's codes so don't have much experience at all sorry). I'd like to do it too and given Merrp also said the JP version is good for making codes as there is a good selection of characters. I think the sound test is also in the JP version(?)

Date: 2020-04-30 17:20:15
I did check the box names a few times, and I couldn't find anything wrong. Maybe I missed something, or maybe Its something else. I am not super experienced with the technical aspects of ACE, as I am not super knowledgeable with coding and hacking. I will keep trying but I don't know how much help I'll be. I can share my save-file though if it is any help. Maybe it could be used to speed up testing?

Posted by: merrp
Date: 2020-05-03 11:41:17
If you post your save file I'll take a look and see if anything is wrong :)