Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

A few questions about a video I saw regarding glitching in Emerald - Page 1

A few questions about a video I saw regarding glitching in Emerald

Posted by: Mentor
Date: 2020-04-14 11:23:13
I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fejhZkU8X0 and wanted to try it out however I couldnt find answers to some questions I and probably other people could have
1)Is there any box that is safe?Box 14 maybe? I got some Pokemon I dont really want to lose. Is day care even safe?My own party?
2)How to identify 0x0611 egg from DOTS?

Re: A few questions about a video I saw regarding glitching in Emerald

Posted by: CasualPokePlayer
Date: 2020-04-14 14:18:54

1)Is there any box that is safe?Box 14 maybe? I got some Pokemon I dont really want to lose. Is day care even safe?My own party?

Box 1 to 11 are completely safe, box 12 slot 1 and 2 are safe, box 12 slot 3 and past that are *not* safe. Yes, the daycare is perfectly safe and your party is safe (they're stored in completely different locations).

It should be a normal egg in a Nest Ball, I assume you already know how to do the Pomeg Glitch and how to Glitzer Pop for this.

Date: 2020-04-14 14:28:16

Box 1 to 11 are completely safe, box 12 slot 1 and 2 are safe, box 12 slot 3 and past that are *not* safe. Yes, the daycare is perfectly safe and your party is safe (they're stored in completely different locations).

It should be a normal egg in a Nest Ball, I assume you already know how to do the Pomeg Glitch and how to Glitzer Pop for this.

Thank you! I assume the *not* means they arent 100% safe but doesnt mean they will for sure get corrupted or deleted right?

And yes I know the basics.

Also, one last question, do I rename the Boxes after or before I get the egg?

Cheers

Posted by: CasualPokePlayer
Date: 2020-04-14 14:39:36

Thank you! I assume the *not* means they arent 100% safe but doesnt mean they will for sure get corrupted or deleted right?

As in the game will *very* likely crash, since it's executing code starting somewhere in Box 12 Slot 3 (affected by ASLR), which slides down into Box Names (where you store a payload). They won't get corrupted.

Also, one last question, do I rename the Boxes after or before I get the egg?

Before or after, either works, the Box Names store the payload, hatching the egg (specifically, the front sprite animation that happens after hatching) executes the payload.

Date: 2020-04-14 15:07:19
Thank you again. I got the egg in my second try(two eggs even) but how much it takes for them to hatch?I have a Magma armor Slugma on the front and Ive been running for a while

Edit:it hacthed but the game crashed? What couldve gone wrong?
Edit2:Only Boxes 12 onward need to be empty right?
Edit3:Nvm I did it