Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Obtaining Secret Base Pokémon? - Page 1

Obtaining Secret Base Pokémon?

Posted by: FlygonAve.
Date: 2020-06-02 09:25:39
Hello….

I have a… question or request or something. I looked around, and from what I could see theres no method for this. So, basically: is there a way to use the Pomeg Glitch to obtain Pokémon from another players record-mixed Secret Base?

Specifics on my situation:
I had a save file of Emerald that was accidentally deleted, but before that happened, it mixed records with my Sapphire. That Sapphire then mixed records with my new Emerald file, so the old Emeralds Secret Basewith 6 party Pokémonis sitting untouched in the new Emerald.

So… yeah. Is there any way I could get any of those Pokémon back? From what I know of the Pomeg Glitch this seems plausible, but I dont have any experience with Gen 3 glitches.

(Thanks for reading!)

Re: Obtaining Secret Base Pokémon?

Posted by: Matt1990
Date: 2020-06-03 04:50:19
Technically you wouldn't be able to get them "directly" because they have an invalid checksum, so the moment  you manage to catch or "get them through other means" you'd end up with a Bad egg. (only Mons that don't do that are the ones you meet or get in Battle Frontier)

If you can backup your Emerald save, however (if you have a DS flashcart you can do that very easily) you can open the save on an emulator and copy the data or, in the "worst case scenario", use a "steal Pokémon cheat" and grab them this way

Date: 2020-06-03 11:11:09
Id never heard of flashcarts before… Ive figured a little out with quick googling, but would you mind explaining how it works and how Id use it? (Im pretty clueless when it comes to 3rd party stuff.)

Posted by: Matt1990
Date: 2020-06-03 14:23:39
Flashcarts (ex. R4) are basically carts which will let you load ROMs directly from your console (in this case, the DS), however, you can also run homebrew programs in them, such as a save file manager for GBA or DS games. So, what you basically do is put your Emerald in the dual-slot, a flashcart with the homebrew program in it and you make a backup of your Emerald save file. Then from there you can load the save file to an emulator and use the cheats or do RAM watch to get the Pokémon datas from the secret base trainer.

Date: 2020-06-04 20:01:18
Ok, Ill look into that! Thank you ^^

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-06-07 12:54:55
Some glitch moves can change the battle into a wild battle. Maybe that could be used to catch Secret Base Pokémon?

Metakrai wrote examples for every version of Emerald except JP in a document.

- Une attaque Glitch pour changer le combat en combat sauvage (permet de voler les Pokémon des dresseurs et d'utiliser des objets à la Zone de Combat)(permet de Shasser au Reptile de Combat)
Emer Fr: 0x042F, 2nd/3rd/4th slot | Emer US: 0x435, 4th slot | Emer Spa : 0x0460 | Emer Ger : 0x043F, 3rd/4th slot | RS Fr,US,Ger,Ita,Spa : 0x044D | FrLg FR,US,Ger,Ita,Spa : 0x0CA9