Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Wikipedia - Page 1

Wikipedia

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2007-06-21 23:56:30
Here we see a wikipedia page about pokemon glitches. I think I spotted about two to three incorrect things there right off the bat. I think we should help clear up some incorrect info about the glitches. This way people are not misinformed. Also if you think that it will just be changed then we can try to have the pages locked down so people cant change them. So if you would like to help by clearing come of this misinformation up then thank you.

Re: Wikipedia

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-21 23:59:07
No can do, man. GCL is not considered "reliable" - people (unaffiliated with us, of course) have tried using it as a source for it several times, and each time it got reverted.

Posted by: GARY M 9
Date: 2007-06-22 01:40:19
. Encountering MissingNo. may sometimes cause your beginning Pokemon to lose a level. 2. Sometimes MissingNo. can cause a slight glitch to the Old Man in Viridian City - He will not ask you about your time, but tell you to defeat him. He will take out a Pokemon named Thunder, which is actually a Raichu. However, the battle stops in the middle, and you may find yourself in Prof Oak's Lab in Pallet Town or in your own house. Sometimes the game may close itself altogether. 3. MissingNo. may get you a L. 7 Kangaskhan, but it will also release your beginning Pokemon forever.

umm…what?  That doesn't happen.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-22 02:00:38

. Encountering MissingNo. may sometimes cause your beginning Pokemon to lose a level. 2. Sometimes MissingNo. can cause a slight glitch to the Old Man in Viridian City - He will not ask you about your time, but tell you to defeat him. He will take out a Pokemon named Thunder, which is actually a Raichu. However, the battle stops in the middle, and you may find yourself in Prof Oak's Lab in Pallet Town or in your own house. Sometimes the game may close itself altogether. 3. MissingNo. may get you a L. 7 Kangaskhan, but it will also release your beginning Pokemon forever.

umm…what?  That doesn't happen.

I took care of that.