Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Something I've been wondering - Page 1

Something I've been wondering

Posted by: 007
Date: 2007-11-20 23:46:52
Normally I'd know the answer, but I'm the company of glitchologists, so I have to ask.  What is the community standard for the maximum level Pokemon can top out at for the purposes of two-player battles, 100 or 255?

Re: Something I've been wondering

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-11-21 10:53:41
In G/R/B/Y/G/S/C the top level for two player battles is 255.  In R/S/E/Fr/Lg/D/P it is unknown I think.

Posted by: 007
Date: 2007-11-21 17:21:40
So a L255 anything (or more realistically, six of them) is awww right?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-11-21 18:07:36
I don't think competitive glitch battling is all that commonplace. However, I'm aware that there is no known way to up a G/S/C Pokemon's level above 100, so the only place you'd see a L255 Pokemon is in an R/B/Y battle, and I'm not sure how many of those take place anymore.

I believe the accepted max is 100; I'd imagine a normal R/B/Y player would get pissy if you brought in a L101+ Pokemon during link battle.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-11-21 19:57:26

I don't think competitive glitch battling is all that commonplace. However, I'm aware that there is no known way to up a G/S/C Pokemon's level above 100, so the only place you'd see a L255 Pokemon is in an R/B/Y battle, and I'm not sure how many of those take place anymore.

I believe the accepted max is 100; I'd imagine a normal R/B/Y player would get pissy if you brought in a L101+ Pokemon during link battle.
You can trade them though, correct? Doesn't the error trap only block glitch PkMn?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-11-21 20:59:06
No, you can't. I know and I've tried. It says the Pokemon is abnormal. Once it goes back to level 100, it will let you trade it.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-26 10:05:39

No, you can't. I know and I've tried. It says the Pokemon is abnormal. Once it goes back to level 100, it will let you trade it.
Couldn't you do the glitch Rhydon thing, or would the needed data not be carried over to GSC?