Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

I'm not quite sure where this goes but... - Page 1

I'm not quite sure where this goes but...

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-02-16 18:23:21
Why are there so few pokemon glitches on this site?
I can name at least 2 but not a mention of them is on the site.
What gives? Is it because people here don't know about them or is there another reason?

Re: I'm not quite sure where this goes but...

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-02-16 18:32:24
Name all of the ones you know of that aren't on the site, please. I don't really see "so few pokemon glitches", what with the 500+ pages of content on it. Please elaborate.

Date: 2008-02-16 18:45:00
Well, there is the tweaking glitch, the picture glitch (altough that's not a big one it's still a glitch), there are the beta maps in g/s/c and there may be others but I can't recall them right now.
And when I meant few I meant fewer then what I thought there might be.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-02-16 18:49:52
Tweaking is being researched at the moment by xparasite or something.

As for beta maps, those aren't glitches.

Date: 2008-02-16 18:56:08
Yeah but you do have a section for beta stuff.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-02-16 18:59:46
Tweaking has been discussed extensively, but the guy who was doing the tweaking research gave up on it. I've had a DS for a month and I haven't had time to do in-depth tweaking research, and generally the only stuff that goes on the site is stuff that our staff have investigated and/or written, which is why we haven't just straight-out ripped Holepunch's original document on the glitch. There's also something about it on The Secret Pikachu Hangout.
I've never heard of the "picture glitch". Can't find anything relevant on Google, so I assume it's on the lower end of the notability scale.
As far as G/S/C beta maps, there's the Safari Zone one. I guess the people who were compiling G/S/C beta stuff didn't feel it worthwhile to add information on the other beta maps.

Date: 2008-02-16 19:09:11
Oh the picture glitch is a small glitch discovered by some guy on nsider before it was closed down.
If you talk to the guy that takes pictures of your pokemon and get to the point where he asks you to pic a pokemon and instead of pressing a you press the d-pad so that your facing away from the guy. So when he takes you into the room you walking into a wall to get in.
It was made a bid deal of back then because of the fact that this might be a way to get into the void so it was tried many times and two huge threads were made about it but nothing ever came of it.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-02-16 20:31:10

As far as G/S/C beta maps, there's the Safari Zone one. I guess the people who were compiling G/S/C beta stuff didn't feel it worthwhile to add information on the other beta maps.

That reminds me, I need to start up Tohjo Falls again. :(