Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

US and Japan Games - Page 1

US and Japan Games

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-03-25 16:28:15
Well you see Im compling some info and I just need some input

Do not link U.S. and Japanese games. If players trade data between the U.S. and Japanese games, it will destroy the saved data on both game paks, forcing players to re-start their games from scratch.

Is this true?

Re: US and Japan Games

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-03-25 17:06:36

Well you see Im compling some info and I just need some input

Do not link U.S. and Japanese games. If players trade data between the U.S. and Japanese games, it will destroy the saved data on both game paks, forcing players to re-start their games from scratch.

Is this true?

Unconfirmed, but it is known that when you do something like that, you screw up your game. So the eradication of data is possible.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-25 17:39:42
It also depends on version. Pokemon games pre-GBA are incompatible between regions, but you can trade GBA Pokemon between languages with no problem.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-03-25 17:43:52

It also depends on version. Pokemon games pre-GBA are incompatible between regions, but you can trade GBA Pokemon between languages with no problem.

Thats because unless the text takes up exactly the same amount of space the data ended up slightly moved around, so was untranslatable. GBA versions have a set section for text so the rest of the data remains in the same place.
I believe anyway…

Though I have traded between Red (E) and Green (JP) and only suffered from sligthly corrupt Pokemon.. and nothing too serious… though sometimes the Save game was corrupted.