Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Glitch Music - Page 1

Glitch Music

Posted by: *crash20
Date: 2008-10-29 22:16:57
Wow. Glitch Music. What can I say? Well nothing really. All I know about it is that it goes on forever (almost), and is comprised of various noises found in the game, either fastforward or slow motion. Can anyone tell me what why the game does this, and what makes it happen? :???:   

Re: Glitch Music

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-10-30 14:16:54

Wow. Glitch Music. What can I say? Well nothing really. All I know about it is that it goes on forever (almost), and is comprised of various noises found in the game, either fastforward or slow motion. Can anyone tell me what why the game does this, and what makes it happen? :???:   

There's two sound bytes in the game that speed up or slow down music. One is used during the actual game (that'd be when oak comes after you beat your rival and slow Pallet Town music plays) and the other is not. As for random sounds, the game just pulls shit out of its ass.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-10-31 16:06:37

There's two sound bytes in the game that speed up or slow down music. One is used during the actual game (that'd be when oak comes after you beat your rival and slow Pallet Town music plays) and the other is not. As for random sounds, the game just pulls s**t out of its ass.
Also there is a speeded up version of the rival theme for the last time you see him before the Pok?mon League.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-11-01 10:22:10
Then the second sound byte is used in the game then. It's really just a program that speeds up the game music if it's anything like the music code in Sonic since nearly every music in the HoF become sped up or slowed down.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-11-05 16:14:53
In b4 Female Symbol.