Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

The glitches I'm not sure of... - Page 1

The glitches I'm not sure of...

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-08-28 00:27:41
"Go into battle and place an ability you do not want on your Pok?mon at the bottom by pressing Select. Go to the Item List and go down the to the seventh item from the top, press Select on it, and exit out. Go into a battle and press select on the bottom ability, and then attack the enemy and defeat it, without pressing select again. The Pok?mon will then be L:100, but the ability you pressed select on will be gone! It's health bar may do some weird stuff, but just go to a Pok?Center and he'll be good as new. Only works on Japanese version."

"Another glitch in pok?mon is when your talking to the dude that shows you how to catch pok?mon (and he catches a weddle) press all buttons and it will reset the game and possibly delete your saved file! It sometimes works when you talk to other people."

"Turn any pok?mon into gold and duplicate items (Japanese Version Only)
The pok?mon you want to turn into gold should be able to evolve if you want the full benefit of this code, otherwise there will be a confusion with the names and so forth.

First, place a pokemon that has been taught FLY in the first position in your lineup, the Golden Gyarados in the sixth position, and the pok?mon whose color is to be changed in the second position. If you want to duplicate an item, equip it onto Gyrados. Next place all your pok?mon back into the PC except the first (in the order: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), then take the second one back out.

Enter the bug-catching contest, then try and exit immediately. When the clerk asks if you want to leave, answer NO. Now fly out of the contest, store the pok?mon that will be changed in the PC, then go back to the contest and say YES to quit. After the prizegiving, you will find that your second pok?mon has teleported back into your lineup and has turned gold. It will also have Gyrados' name and attacks and it will have a duplicate of its item. Train the pok?mon until it evolves to retrieve its regular name/attacks, it will have a shining status. "

Re: The glitches I'm not sure of...

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2006-08-28 02:37:48
"Go into battle and place an ability you do not want on your Pok?mon at the bottom by pressing Select. Go to the Item List and go down the to the seventh item from the top, press Select on it, and exit out. Go into a battle and press select on the bottom ability, and then attack the enemy and defeat it, without pressing select again. The Pok?mon will then be L:100, but the ability you pressed select on will be gone! It's health bar may do some weird stuff, but just go to a Pok?Center and he'll be good as new. Only works on Japanese version."

This one was discussed not that long ago: http://trsrockin.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2059

"Another glitch in pok?mon is when your talking to the dude that shows you how to catch pok?mon (and he catches a weddle) press all buttons and it will reset the game and possibly delete your saved file! It sometimes works when you talk to other people."

lol, just another case of people jumping to conclusions. Pressing all buttons together (A, B, Start, Select) is the universal gameboy reset code. In other words, it works for every game (except Zelda: LA, which uses that combination to bring up the save screen). The deletion was probably a fluke, assuming it even occured.

"Turn any pok?mon into gold and duplicate items (Japanese Version Only)
The pok?mon you want to turn into gold should be able to evolve if you want the full benefit of this code, otherwise there will be a confusion with the names and so forth.

First, place a pokemon that has been taught FLY in the first position in your lineup, the Golden Gyarados in the sixth position, and the pok?mon whose color is to be changed in the second position. If you want to duplicate an item, equip it onto Gyrados. Next place all your pok?mon back into the PC except the first (in the order: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), then take the second one back out.

Enter the bug-catching contest, then try and exit immediately. When the clerk asks if you want to leave, answer NO. Now fly out of the contest, store the pok?mon that will be changed in the PC, then go back to the contest and say YES to quit. After the prizegiving, you will find that your second pok?mon has teleported back into your lineup and has turned gold. It will also have Gyrados' name and attacks and it will have a duplicate of its item. Train the pok?mon until it evolves to retrieve its regular name/attacks, it will have a shining status. "

I can't confirm anything other than it doesn't work for Japanese Crystal, since I don't have a J-Gold or J-Silver save handy. However, I do think that this has potential… flying out of the bug contest wasn't something I had considered before. Doing so returned my 2nd Pokemon to my party that was left with the warden.

I went to the warden, and spoke to him, but he didn't ask me if I wanted to leave the contest. However, if he does ask in J-Gold/Silver, then I can see that being a very large hole in the system.

I'll test this on English Gold soon.

Edit: That's a no go on the English Gold.

Re: The glitches I'm not sure of...

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2006-09-02 11:51:24
When my Silver's save battery gets replaced (and I get Fly), I'll try this on Silver.