Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

My personal outlook on Team Rocket's Rockin's glitches section - Page 1

My personal outlook on Team Rocket's Rockin's glitches section

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-09-11 02:31:32
Just to set some things straight: I have no "vendetta" against Team Rocket Rose or her site; I do not "hate" her or her site; and I don't want to "destroy" her or her site. This is my own opinion - read, my opinion which I choose to post here. If I hated the site, why would I let Rose use my data as the basis for her Glitch Dex? Why would I spend most of my free time at her forums? Why would I spend time moderating the forums of a site I want to "destroy"?

This does not represent an official statement made by the staff of Glitch City Laboratories. I do not represent GCL in this post.

Its strong points are the numerous Missingno, 'M, and Glitch City articles and info; that's what made the site #1 in the first place, and probably why glitch researchers like to use it as reference. I'd consider its coverage of Ditto Trickable glitches to be superb to average, depending on the Glitch pokemon in question. The size of the page depends on the popularity of the glitch within the TRsRockin forum community and visitor population, which affects the number of visitor submissions and screenshots available for that particular glitch; the Missingno and 'M pages, along with well-known Ditto Trick and Equivalent Trade glitches like PkMn, .4, and 3TrainerPoke, are generally larger. As these pages are built primarily upon visitor content, the information might not be as reliable as it appears, although, from what I can tell, the information is mostly accurate… except for these (somewhat small) flaws: Some of the larger pages (eg. 3TrainerPoke) take one-time random occurances as cold-hard fact (Link Cable Oddities are pretty much random anyway), as well as minor inaccuracies (PkMn lists PkMn n as a "variant" of PkMn - this is in fact a [[glitchdex/redblue/pkmnn|separate glitch]], a Mankey hybrid if anyone must know off the bat - similar to what happens with Char 'M - Just because the names are similar does not make them related in any other way). The article on .4 attributes some effects of "Super Glitch" to the Pokemon; these are mostly due to the attack itself, which may cause undesirable effects even by viewing its name (whether in battle or on the stats screen). Several glitchdex pages are purely data from Melchior 1 (before update; this means no Over Lv100 or HP info) with no added info or screenshots (see Symbols (C7 yellow glitch - "Female/Japanese/Whatever Symbol(s)" was used extensively in Melchior 1), Z4, 7g, and probably others), while others are purely based on Okk's research, which has Base stats as well as Lv.100 stats (including HP), Encounter/Capture Flags, and TM/HM moves (see p T, Japanese Symbols (C1 Red/Blue)) - these are mostly the least-known of the Ditto Trick group and therefore the most lacking in screenshots and submissions from the community. The most popular of the Evolution and Equivalent Trade group (Q, Charizard 'M, and 3TrainerPoke) also have pages. On the flip side, the lesser-known glitches (minor Equivalent Trade such as $ (F0 Red/Blue), "Glitcherino" (FA Red/Blue), 4h (D6 Red/Blue) and their Yellow Evolution counterparts PkMnp (D6 Yellow), C-I (F0 Yellow) and "Male Symbol" (FA Yellow), and Gameshark-only glitch pokemon) get no coverage whatsoever, aside from the odd screenshot (see "PkMn"). This is because the content of the site is driven by visitor content - the reason the 3TrainerPoke and PkMn articles are so large compared to others (like Z4's) is because visitors do more research on the latter and not the former. This is the only reason people come there and post "newly discovered glitch pokemon" that have been sitting on our server for half a year.

This is generally why I prefer to have the site admins do all the work around here at GCL; a small group of dedicated "experts" (however the hell you define an "expert" of pokemon glitches), rather than a wide mass of people who find random Missingno stuff on their games, seems to work better here (110 ARTICLES IN GLITCHDEX *shot*)

It has some things we don't, I'll grant that. For example: Screenshots. We fucking need some screenshots for most of our articles. And those TM moves. Why isn't anyone here researching those? And with rjaguar3's item mutation stuff (which makes him the 3rd person here to reach Distinguished Member status, congrats :) ), Capture/Encounter Flags finally have a real use (well, Capture Flags already have uses - if you captured a certain real Pokemon, the Capture Flag for a glitch might be set, allowing you to bypass the Pokedex and the subsequent Rhydon transformation).

TM moves. Damn. Why don't we have data on those?

Re: My personal outlook on Team Rocket's Rockin's glitches section

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-09-11 13:13:44
It sounds like you dislike the people whom provide the infomation not the site itself which just shows the info!

I would happily get screenshots if you want me to and I think many others would as well!

I would probably get R/B pictures easily! I may need ways to get some of them though! The way to use cheating devices to get cheating device only pokemon!

Oh and I know what you mean people stealing your and your partners' work and claiming them as their own!

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-09-11 16:04:05
abwayax seems pissed  ;D

I can make screenshots,like ace did!

Just message me if you need anything.I dont have any VBA crap so..  :-[ :P

Date: 2006-09-11 17:22:44
I don't "hate" anyone, not at all. This is my opinion on a part of the site, I don't "hate" the site, the owner, or anyone involved.

I allowed Rose to use Melchior; she asked me and I said she could.

And I'm not pissed - not at all. I JUST WANT TM MOVES DAMMIT :D

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-09-11 17:38:08
YEAH! xD
Phear the TMs.
This is what I sorta think, (NOTE!!!:I am not a member on the fourms,so I dont know about the glitch crap they have.)

If I were a not-member-at-their-fourms I would say,

TRSRockin only speaks of Missingno and M' common glitches,but they do not go in deeper (Like other,killer glitches i guess) and such.

yeah.

*Killer glitch is a pwn-some word*

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-11 21:25:24
This may sound n00bish but what do you mean by the TM moves? Don't we have the AttackDex?

Date: 2006-09-11 21:27:01

This may sound n00bish but what do you mean by the TM moves? Don't we have the AttackDex?

I mean the moves the glitches learn by use of Technical or Hidden Machine items.

so freakin ambiguous -.-