Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Would it be a good idea to research Glitch Ribbons? - Page 1

Would it be a good idea to research Glitch Ribbons?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-06-25 03:51:06
There must be at least 256 available ribbons in the game and maybe more in diamond/pearl/platinum and some japanese only event ribbons have already been found by others yet I have never actually seen a glitch ribbon.

I do not know what the code is to modify what ribbon your pokemon has in its first slot but serebii has a list of all stable advance ribbons http://www.serebii.net/pokemon_advance/ribbons.shtml

Some of these have strange names may be beta elements or may have been for future games, the "Clearing all difficulties ribbon" is well known to have been introduced later in Colosseum but "BLACKIRON TOWER Clear Commemorative RIBBON" for example is not so clear, was this just a bad translation of Realgam Tower? Also there is a "RED TOWER Clear Commemorative RIBBON" and several japan exlcusive ribbons like "POKEMON CENTER TOKYO Commemorative RIBBON"

Re: Would it be a good idea to research Glitch Ribbons?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-06-25 06:00:47
I approve of this idea. Glitched items/moves/phone numbers are always fun, this gives us a new one to play with. I know PokemonMaker has a code to change special ribbons, I'm not quite sure how to change it to give ribbons that aren't supposed to be there however. I'll post in this topic once I find out.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-06-25 06:37:44
Great idea!

Date: 2009-06-25 07:11:59
Just checked in PokemonMaker, the VBA code for modifying the special ribbon in the first slot (for USA/UK Ruby and probably Sapphire) is

Special Ribbon Codes:
02028844:xx
(02028845 - 0202884A changes the other six slots)

where XX is the hexadecimal ID of the ribbon you want, or in our case, any random number. Have fun.

Date: 2009-06-27 07:22:32
The "normal" special ribbons go from 01 - 40, glitches therefore start at hex 41.
Here's what ribbon FF looks like:
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/34fd46u.jpg[/img]

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-06-27 11:32:10
Excellent work you guys. Keep it up! =P

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-27 13:03:52
Could this be Mechalor XII or something?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-06-27 17:14:10
Moar like XV or something since the Melchior Numbers haven't been updated for a LONG time…

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2009-06-27 19:56:20
I think that it would be a good idea.  If I had a new charger for my laptop, I would also help out with it. 

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-07-03 17:25:35
What happens if you palpark them to D/P/Pt?

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-07-03 19:52:34

What happens if you palpark them to D/P/Pt?

Most likely they would disappear, or that they would be replaced with more stable ribbons, or that the game would freeze.

Date: 2009-07-03 22:47:20
Well, there's only one way to find out, and it's finding someone with a real cartridge and Gameshark/AR. I'm also somewhat curious as to what happens if they get transferred to Colosseum/XD.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-07-03 23:41:47

Well, there's only one way to find out, and it's finding someone with a real cartridge and Gameshark/AR. I'm also somewhat curious as to what happens if they get transferred to Colosseum/XD.
I don't think it is posssible too get it on Colosseum/XD.(They blocked out any hacked pokemon…) That is unless you use a code for those.

Also, is it possible to transfer decmarks to D/P/Pt?

Also, does a gameboy advanced gameshark work with the gameboy player?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-04 00:42:51
I think that it would, the Gameshark+Gameboy Player.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2009-07-04 05:04:33
I don't belive it will let you transfer a decamark, but it might be possible with the right AR code for D/P/Pt.