Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Glitch Dreams - Page 1

Glitch Dreams

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2009-12-22 08:00:40
I just had a dream about a glitch last night.  I remember getting a copy of Pokemon Red, then playing it on a Game Boy Color.  The first time, I was walking around and randomly encountered a Pokemon.  The battle text box said, "Wild 33 appeared!" I seem to remember thinking that it was actually 3TrainerPoke, even though this was Pokemon Red.  The game began to make typical glitch noises, and I knew that they'd continue for a while.  So I shut it off and had to start a new game.  This time, I was walking in a patch of tall grass and encountered "33" again.

One final note: My Trainer sent out a glitch Pokemon also, I don't remember seeing its name.

Preeeeeettty weird, huh?
Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that cheese before bed :P

Re: Glitch Dreams

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-22 10:19:48
No, no, what you need to do is lay off the steak sauce. :P

I had a dream last night that Ash and co. stormed off the set and went straight to Shin'ou… 33 episodes before the end of season 8.

It was a time of much uselessness.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-12-22 10:23:46
Try listening to FS's cry right before you go to bed.

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2009-12-22 17:55:44

FS?

Edit: I remember the place where I encountered the Pokemon.  I was doing the part of the Missingno. glitch where you surf along the edge of the island.

This may have been part of another dream, but I also seem to remember that the 33 that I caught(?) evolved into a Jigglypuff.

Maybe I need to lay off on everything.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-12-22 18:19:34
I remember when I dreamt about the Anime. ? (R/S/E version) was in a pond.

That's all I remember.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-12-22 19:06:47
The only dream I remember having to do with Pokémon glitches is that there was a large foothill/small mountain next to my house and I had to climb it for a contest, and the prize was a glitched up Sapphire version. But I never had a chance to play it. :(

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-12-22 19:55:57

FS?

Female Symbol.

Posted by: kimmon
Date: 2014-12-23 21:26:35
I have these all the time! but the most memorable one was when it was a poke glitch school! each student was a certain pokemon glitch and the teacher was a missingno! 

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-12-23 21:41:26

I have these all the time! but the most memorable one was when it was a poke glitch school! each student was a certain pokemon glitch and the teacher was a missingno!

Cool. I wish I had interesting glitch dreams more often, in fact, I can't remember having any glitch dreams (anymore) even though glitches take up most of my free time :(.

The only thing that I know came close to a glitch dream for me was a dream when my Game Boy Advance stayed on even when I turned it off, so I threw it out of the window for some reason (I used to be more like that when I was young, far from aggressive, but eccentric, now I've grown quite a bit). On an old forum post of mine I say I encountered an actual Missingno. in FireRed in that dream but I don't know if I was lying, lol.

Another thing I clearly remember doing was when I was much younger, in nursery, I told my teacher I had this messed up (corrupted but I doubt I knew that word) file on a floppy disk with 'random' letters/symbols for its name. That could have been a dream, or was it real? It would be interesting if it was.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-12-23 22:25:14
The only thing that I know came close to a glitch dream for me was a dream when my Game Boy Advance stayed on even when I turned it off, so I threw it out of the window for some reason (I used to be more like that when I was young, far from aggressive, but eccentric, now I've grown quite a bit).

I had something fairly similar recently.

My roommate and I were on top of a building kind of like Celadon Mall and also like the building in which The Room is set. I was messing around with a glitch that was sort of like NPC script corruption and also much like the Void glitch in other ways. He wants to give it a try, so I hand him my GameBoy (with my Emerald cartridge in it). He drops it off the edge. I get pissed off majorly at him and don't talk to him for 10 minutes, then decide to forgive him and I hand him my half-eaten pack of Oreos.

So then, all of a sudden, he walks off the building and falls to his death, taking my Oreos with him. He wasn't afraid to make a mess on his way out - with his guts and everything strewn about, it was kind of like a big pile of ketchup and mayonnaise mix. In my dream, I call his mom to tell him what happened. I was really freaked out and on the verge of tears waking up, but he's my roommate, so he was right there. Then I thought it was funny. :)

Posted by: Crystalame
Date: 2014-12-24 02:55:19
The only thing that I know came close to a glitch dream for me was a dream when my Game Boy Advance stayed on even when I turned it off

I've had a couple dreams like that as well. I don't even remember what would have caused them now lol.

They're a little creepy, actually. I think I like it much more when things actually turn off when I turn them off. Probably would have thrown it out the window too. :P

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-12-24 20:46:20
When I was ~10 and first learned of MissingNo, I had a dream where I fought him in the Jungle Japes stage from Super Smash Bros. Melee. He laughed like a madman during his entrance.

Also, when I started writing The Story of Glitchy, I had a dream where the original ending I had planned for it played out. It was pretty cool and even played "The Legend Comes to Life."

I think MissingNo and Glitchy have appeared in different dreams since, but I can't recall them.