Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

New glitches?Wierd kingdra and twisted mew glitch? - Page 1

New glitches?Wierd kingdra and twisted mew glitch?

Posted by: dblim100
Date: 2010-11-25 22:37:39
I've been searching for many glitches and tried them.In crystal,I did a clone of arcanine It came out as a bad clone,However normal bad clone consists of messed up tiles and unclear pictures however this tine thebad clone was different it cameout as a pokemon (which doesnt mathes any current one) it looked like a kingdra but bright red in color and has some deer antlers which are red too.
Phsical Features(no screen shots as played not on computer,try picturing it)
-charizard mouth and wings
-Kingdra wierd and outstanding features
-Bright red
-Red twisted Horn or deer antlers

Twisted Mew Glitch(blue version)
I did every single instruction in the normal mew glitch but when i teleport i dissapeared into at Mt.moon If im not wrong and only start button was not working was normal but my A and B buttons also stopped working??!!!

Edited:Instead of going to the slowpoke trainer go to the others…See what happens…Other pokemon other than mew comes out.Go furthur to other places and cities and fight the trainers
So far:Rhydon and Nidoqueen and chansey

I've been testing glitches for a long time and found this wierd glitch in crystal

Walking through trees and fighting pokemon in trees?
I didn know what i did i was at the ice gym and then was banging into a tree then if i'm not wrong(this happened many many years ago couldnt remember properly)the fly HM used automatically then pidgey scooped me but i was still there then i could walk in trees.the funny thing was bird type was fought in there pidgey and pidgeotto…How could it be a coincidence that i could fight bird type in trees?not any type but only bird?My guess is that It was part of beta.NOTE:I was playing this ongba and didn have any gameshark

Bridge POKEMON GLITCH (repel version)
Do everything in Mewglitch but instead of the normal slowpoke trainer go to other cities far away find different trainers each type of trainer u fight u will encounter different pokemon on Nugget bridge.Now after fight the trainer Use repel and walk around and teleport to cerlulean city and go to the bridge but make sure u wore off repel effect just before the bridge.Then go to the bridge then the Mew glitch happen just that the pokemon is not mew but Very rare pokemon like chansey nidoqueen shelder rhydon growlithe and many more.(why repel?)Because that creates a glitch city like effect when it wear offs at first,and when the pokemon appears another repel wore off sign appears just like the P.A. in glitch city

Re: New glitches?Wierd kingdra and twisted mew glitch?

Posted by: Glitch Hunter
Date: 2010-11-26 04:54:22
I'm sorry to dissapoint this on (sorry if i'm wrong however) but it isn't exactly a "twisted" mew glitch. It's just what happens when you don't use the specific trainer to get mew. However, i'll test this one but i need EXACT intrusctions on wjhat you did.

And, as for the "bird type" is that a spelling mistake? Because in Crystal there isn't any bird types, the only bird types ever known in any game is Missingno and 'M.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-11-26 08:41:07

And, as for the "bird type" is that a spelling mistake? Because in Crystal there isn't any bird types, the only bird types ever known in any game is Missingno and 'M.

Actually, the BIRD type remains in Gold/Silver/Crystal, though by 'default' it normally isn't assigned to any "Pokémon".

When you were forced to fly away, did you put pressure on the cartridge? It's very easy to do if you say hold down on the back of a GBA SP (near the model number sticker) where the cartridge is inside it. The game freezes up, 'hard resets without actually turning off the power' (easily) or rarely glitches the game that way.

I've been searching for many glitches and tried them.In crystal,I did a clone of arcanine It came out as a bad clone,However normal bad clone consists of messed up tiles and unclear pictures however this tine thebad clone was different it cameout as a pokemon (which doesnt mathes any current one) it looked like a kingdra but bright red in color and has some deer antlers which are red too.
Phsical Features(no screen shots as played not on computer,try picturing it)
-charizard mouth and wings
-Kingdra wierd and outstanding features
-Bright red
-Red twisted Horn or deer antlers

The unsuccessful bad clone Pokémon can be arbitrary (though Kingdra is common, try withdrawing it and putting it in daycare to see if it transforms into a ?????) and you could get a wide range of results because data from other RAM addresses are erroneously recalled by the game as Pokémon. It's as if you have 5 boxed Pokémon, their data is corrupted and because of turning the power off too early the game makes out that you have "0" (256) Pokémon; their associated data is read from the wrong pointer and it's a little like "reading a bitmap as an MP3 file" (not literally, though replacing "bitmap" and "MP3 file" with palette/item data/map data or anything along those lines is a better analogy for the characteristics of each 'Pokémon').

If you have Pokémon Stadium 2 you have much higher chances of getting a bad clone when using the GB Tower.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-11-27 03:50:27
OFFTOPIC : Torchickens, nice new sig picture (Game Boy Camera FTW).
Did that actually happen (using cheating device codes etc) or was that photoshop'd ?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-11-27 16:21:41

Did that actually happen (using cheating device codes etc) or was that photoshop'd ?

^
this

I'm also wondering the answer to this question :P

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-11-29 04:45:51

Thanks. Yes, this actually happened when forcing an invalid 'boss #6' to appear in the Space Fever II minigame with the GameShark code 01058FD8 (boss #4 is a duplicate of the real boss #2 for some reason, boss #5 freezes [except on an emulator supporting GameBoy Camera like 'kigb'] and boss #254 is one of the alternate sample faces).  I had to cut out a lot of frames before converting it into an animated GIF.