Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Bugs from the Japanese Pokemon Wiki - Page 1

Bugs from the Japanese Pokemon Wiki

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-10-09 23:25:52
After watching Torchickens's video on swapping lift destinations, I decided to have a look at the wiki myself.

There is an interesting minor bug that I haven't seen around here or on Bulbapedia before:

の0で売

の256512768売と額0にな
の999売とは9990だに額は2310

"Sell berries for 0 yen

The amount of money you get for selling 256, 512 or 768 berries becomes zero.

If you sell 999 berries at once, the message says that you get 9,990 yen, but you will actually get 2,310 yen."

Well this is interesting, I wonder if it happens with other items too? It seems like a very reasonable bug to exist, did it get carried over to the English version too?

Re: Bugs from the Japanese Pokemon Wiki

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-10-10 10:10:05

After watching Torchickens's video on swapping lift destinations, I decided to have a look at the wiki myself.

There is an interesting minor bug that I haven't seen around here or on Bulbapedia before:

の0で売

の256512768売と額0にな
の999売とは9990だに額は2310

"Sell berries for 0 yen

If you sell 999 berries at once, the message says that you get 9,990 yen, but you will actually get 2,310 yen."

Well this is interesting, I wonder if it happens with other items too? It seems like a very reasonable bug to exist, did it get carried over to the English version too?

Thanks for watching my video!

Yes, surprisingly this happens in the English, US Ruby too! It does work with other items, however, you can normally only hold 99 of them at a time meaning the glitch is only possible under normal circumstances with Berries.

Video: here.

I'll test other versions later.

Edit: It was fixed in Emerald.

Re: Bugs from the Japanese Pokemon Wiki

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-10-10 17:38:26

の0で売

の256512768売と額0にな
の999売とは9990だに額は2310

"Sell berries for 0 yen

Thanks for watching my video!

Yes, surprisingly this happens in the English, US Ruby too! It does work with other items, however, you can normally only hold 99 of them at a time meaning the glitch is only possible under normal circumstances with Berries.

Video: here.

I'll test other versions later.

Edit: It was fixed in Emerald.

Ah, of course, 999 or every item being allowed wasn't until D/P.  Thanks for the video.