Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

A group of 68 artists drew glitch Pokémon - Page 1

A group of 68 artists drew glitch Pokémon

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-04-26 10:31:43
So I found this recent article on Kotaku. Apparently someone named Jordan Rosenburg is going to publish a magazine of glitch Pokémon illustrations by 68 artists called Glitch Pokézine, including lesser known glitches. It will cost $0.01 (the legality behind that is questionable as illustrations of real Pokémon characters are included in some of them).

You can find some of the illustrations in the article and on Google. I haven't much to say, though I think it's interesting that something like this started.

Edit: I'm a fan of this one. Poor Bellossom. That transformation is completely right if you swap the ????? below Bellossom and do the trade. At least this Tentacruel hybrid has a nice cry (it's part of the 'follow me' theme on the summary).

Re: A group of 68 artists drew glitch Pokémon

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-04-26 14:08:15
HOW DID I MISS THAT?

I really like that Kangaskhan, and this $ P. 4(.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-04-26 23:40:46
Nice drawings, though I can't help but wince a bit at linking to Bulbapedia for information on glitch Pokémon. Mainly because it would be cool if they linked here instead. Oh well.

I do hope they don't encounter too much legal troubles, because by charging 1 cent or any amount they kind of are selling Nintendo's copyrights (due to Kangaskhan and Red and things appearing in them). It's kind of a bit odd when you think about it, because 1 cent isn't going to help them 'cover the costs of distribution' or whatever excuse is normally used in this situation (I presume this is a digital thing but the site doesn't provide any information as to whether it is or isn't because it's not out yet). The only possibility for doing this is that they have something against distributing things for free or are otherwise charging for the sake of charging.

A group of 68 artists drew glitch Pokémon

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-04-27 11:01:48
as much as it would be cool to see a zine of this, I have to agree that this is in no way legal. Nintendo and gamefreak own pokemon, so you would have to at the very LEAST have a "Pokemon is a owned by Nintendo, Gamefreak, etc etc" and contact the companies to make sure it's okay to produce fan art for profit. the $0.01 pricetag is the biggest kicker.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-02 10:53:26
Here's an interview with curators and illustrators Jordan Rosenberg and Iasmin Omar Ata hosted on "the creators project", a website that celebrates art and technology.

It shows some of the artwork and also talks about past Pokézine projects. I found it informative, I didn't know about the past Pokézines, like the Ghost Pokézine and its kickstarter campaign. The interview doesn't cover too much though, it is a little short.