Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Glitch Preferences - Page 1

Glitch Preferences

Posted by: PokeGlitchFanatic
Date: 2014-04-26 16:54:26
This my first poll! I cant wait to see the results!  :)

Re: Glitch Preferences

Date: 2014-04-26 17:59:58
NOTE***

If you vote,give a reason why. Not mandatory,just like hearing what you have to say.
Thanks! ;D

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-04-26 18:10:49

NOTE***

If you vote,give a reason why. Not mandatory,just like hearing what you have to say.
Thanks! ;D

I voted Mew glitch. I like tweaking, but it's not my specialty. In fact, I used the surf through Elite Four door glitch to get my first Darkrai and Shaymin.

I like the ZZAZZ glitch too and know a fair amount of stuff about it, like recently someone asked me how you can corrupt your items with it, but it just has effects on the game that are too bad and are only useful in a few circumstances for me to consider it as one of my favourite glitches. It humours me to see the glitchiness though.

I like how with the Mew glitch (well specifically the extended Mew glitch (aka Trainer-Fly/Trainer-Escape glitch) you can encounter every Pokémon, glitch Trainers and the first nine glitch Pokémon other than 'M/3TrainerPoké. Not just that, you can encounter medium-slow growth rate Pokémon at level 1 by using Growl six times on the Ditto, and then use the experience underflow glitch to get them to level 100. Also you can use it to remove Snorlax, encounter Pokémon over level 100 by talking to trade NPCs and cause weird effects by not having the start menu as the last text box in memory. So the Mew glitch is actually really big, unless by Mew glitch you meant just that one application of the Trainer-Fly glitch to get Mew.

Date: 2014-04-26 18:16:41
I meant anything with the mew glitch.Thank you for replying!

Oops sorry I didn't know you weren't allowed to post more than I post in a row on a thread. Does that apply to threads you made?

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-04-26 18:19:02
I've tried to tweak, but my Nintendo thumb kicks in quickly so it's a lost cause for me.

I love the Mew glitch 'cause of the unlimited (kinda) possibilities of what you'll encounter. Oh look, a level 7 Gyarados.

How could anyone like the Lumiose City glitch? It does nothing useful.

Oops sorry I didn't know you weren't allowed to post more than I post in a row on a thread. Does that apply to threads you made?

Depends, usually. I've double posted before in a few glitch threads, but I'm posting stuff in them so that's not really a problem.

Date: 2014-04-26 18:23:29
Great answer! Thank you for voting!
The lumiose city glitch was more a joke.

Date: 2014-04-26 18:25:12
I voted for tweaking.Its so deep! You can access beta areas,get event pokes,and have a grand old time!

Date: 2014-04-26 18:36:39

Yes it does. Try to use the edit button next time.

I've done that once, and I don't think I should have in hindsight. It was because I wanted to let people know something new about Emerald's access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot glitch, but that thread was popular anyway.

I think the only exception should be if:

There's something notably new about a glitch or whatever the thread is about; (for documentation stuff). By notable, something that makes it more useful maybe, or a new finding? and you want to bump the thread to share it.

Though I think small notes should be made in edits.

Edit: Actually, is the double post rule really needed unless you're posting too many times? I'll talk about with the other staff.

Date: 2014-04-26 18:38:30
How do you bump a thread?

Date: 2014-04-26 18:45:41

Bumping is basically just posting in a thread which hasn't been posted in for 4 months or more.

Date: 2014-04-26 18:51:23
Ahhh.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-04-26 19:22:56
You might like the Save Abuse Glitch on Yellow Version. You get a party full of Glitchmon and you can get Glitch items, like the Surfboard and items like BF2.

Hell, you can corrupt the map depending on what you do. The biggest problem is, though, that it's really, really touchy, so be careful if you do try it out.

Date: 2014-04-26 19:53:09
Sadly,i do not own a gameboy or pokemon red.
But one day…

Also btw im still posting stuff on this page,its just on page 2

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-04-26 21:55:45

Bumping is basically just posting in a thread which hasn't been posted in for 4 months or more.

ahhh… it reminds me of the days when i would piss you guys off when I posted with a playstation portable. Good times, good times.

[size=2pt]XD "abwayax h8s me gais" my god what was i smoking that year!?[/size]

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-04-26 23:54:03

You might like the Save Abuse Glitch on Yellow Version. You get a party full of Glitchmon and you can get Glitch items, like the Surfboard and items like BF2.

Hell, you can corrupt the map depending on what you do. The biggest problem is, though, that it's really, really touchy, so be careful if you do try it out.

If you want a less volatile version, try out the items underflow glitch that doesn't corrupt Pokemon.