Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Bulbapedia and Wikipedia glitch article discussions - Page 2

Re: Bulbapedia and Wikipedia glitch article discussions

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-04-29 02:44:11

but this is irrelevant here because glitchology is not a subject, ha ha).

Glitchology itself may not be a subject, but it is really just another name for software (game software in this case) reverse engineering/debugging/programming/etc. which are indeed subjects. And I'm sure someone here is an actual certified expert on those fields.

This is still irrelevant though because Wikipedians are of the mindset "If it's a forum or wiki then it could be wrong because anyone can edit it!!!!1111" as though some journalist's summary of the same sources is somehow more accurate and not prone to said journalist's misinterpretations. What this requires is the policy makers at Wikipedia to actually think about why they have those policies on what constitutes a reliable source in the first place, and how those policies might or might not apply to this situation. I'd say a bunch of people on the internet who know more about game internals because they do the kind of things some people do for careers (not exact things, but debugging is an actual thing that people do) as a hobby (i.e. us) are a bit more reliable than whatever it is they're worrying about.

Posted by: Nerator
Date: 2014-05-01 10:42:54

I've updated the Missingno. page. Let me know if you see any errors. The Yellow TM/HM data hasn't been added yet.

A little error/typo i noticed at the beginning of the article:
Missingno. (Japanese: つば Ketsuban) is a dual-type Bird/Normal glitch Pokémon in Pokémon Red and Blue, and a dual-type Normal/randomly named glitch move (which often has '9' in it) glitch Pokémon in Pokémon Yellow.

I believe it should be glitch type

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-01 11:18:45
Fixed, thanks for letting me know.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-05-02 21:00:20
I've tried to create an article on inverted sprites on Bulbapedia.  I'd appreciate someone reviewing it, as I'm not sure of it's quality and accuracy. 

Also, the abuse filter keeps complaining to me about "Non-wikitext".  The page has a few instances of [tt]<br>[/tt], but they are in sections copied from the missingno page.  Is that something I should be worried about?