Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Two Hoenn Glitches and a Possible Third Glitch - Page 1

Two Hoenn Glitches and a Possible Third Glitch

Posted by: Magic
Date: 2014-12-13 22:02:48
Hey, I'm a long-time lurker that finally decided to post. I've found two glitches, one in Gen 3 and one in Gen 6, and a possible third glitch.
1) In the Japanese Diamond/Pearl, there is a glitch where if a Pokemon with a Choice item uses Pursuit to KO a Pokemon switching out, the Choiced Pokemon can switch to another attack. However, this glitch also exists in the Generation III games with the Choice Band. (It was first mentioned by a Smogon user around Diamond/Pearl's release.) I only tested it on the North American Ruby and Emerald, but it's presumably in all versions of the Gen 3 games since the glitch made it to Gen 4.

2) In Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, there is a woman in Mauville Hills that will give each Pokemon in your party a  Memorial Ribbon based on the day of the week. However, she doesn't give a Ribbon to fainted Pokemon. I had a fainted Synchronize Abra in my party, and every Pokemon except Abra got the Snooze Ribbon. I don't know if this is a glitch or just an oversight.

3) The Ultimate Pokemon Center mentions that in Gold/Silver/Crystal, the Dragon Scale powers up Dragon-type moves instead of the Dragon Fang, making the latter useless in battle. However, this was fixed in Stadium 2. Can anyone see if Dragon Fang is bugged in the carts?
http://www.upokecenter.com/content/pokemon-gold-version-silver-version-and-crystal-version-held-items

Re: Two Hoenn Glitches and a Possible Third Glitch

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2014-12-13 23:56:38

3) The Ultimate Pokemon Center mentions that in Gold/Silver/Crystal, the Dragon Scale powers up Dragon-type moves instead of the Dragon Fang, making the latter useless in battle. However, this was fixed in Stadium 2. Can anyone see if Dragon Fang is bugged in the carts?

Yes, its bugged in the carts.

; DRAGON FANG
        dw 100 ; price
        db NONE ; effect
        db 0 ; param
        db CANT_SELECT
        db ITEM
        db $00 ; can't use

; DRAGON SCALE
        dw 2100 ; price
        db HELD_DRAGON_BOOST ; effect
        db 10 ; param
        db CANT_SELECT
        db ITEM
        db $00 ; can't use

Re: Two Hoenn Glitches and a Possible Third Glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-12-14 08:03:59
Great first post. Thanks for this Magic. I didn't know any of these, even though I knew about the Pursuit glitch in Japanese Diamond/Pearl. :)