Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Glitch showcase SGDQ 2015 - Page 1

Glitch showcase SGDQ 2015

Posted by: MeGotsThis
Date: 2015-03-05 01:24:59
So in AGDQ 2015 there were many great showings of Pokemon games. They were:

And with the impressive glitch showcase by zfg1 in Ocarina of Time.

I was thinking of having a glitch showcase for Pokemon in SGDQ 2015. But I don't know all the glitches that can be showcased. So I'm coming to you guys for ideas.

It does not have to a speedrun setup (starting from a new file). Ideally it should take from 15-30 minutes. This should not take place of the main Pokemon series game that would be shown but instead complement it. So I would like it to be a different generation from the main game that would be shown. For now I would like to stick to either Gen1 or Gen2. After talking to some of the Pokemon speedrunners, the majority of the submission seems to be Gen 1 or 2. So what ideas to show for either Gen1 or Gen2?

SGDQ 2015 will be from July 26 to August 1 this year.

Re: Glitch showcase SGDQ 2015

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-03-05 11:58:55
Cool. If they allow more than just 'game completion' related things, perhaps you could learn to set up RNG plays Pokémon Red with 8F (with thanks to luckytyphlosion for the RNG plays Pokémon code and TheZZAZZGlitch for his free code writing technique).

You can dry underflow, then get Pigdevil2010's bootstrap Pokémon, then get 8F and TheZZAZZGlitch's free code writing items*, then follow the steps in my RNG plays Pokémon Red video.

*Item list from item 1:
Bicycle (or Max Repel)
8F
X Accuracy, x97
Burn Heal, x126
Parlyz Heal, x15
HP UP, x15
Ice Heal, x15
Potion, x134
TM34, x20
TM17, x46
Leaf Stone, x52