Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Let's describe real glitches that sound fake in a crude/unconvincing way - Page 1

Let's describe real glitches that sound fake in a crude/unconvincing way

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-03-05 13:10:42
In this thread, let's describe non-intuitive Pokémon glitches (or glitches from other games if you like) in a crudely simple way, that makes them blend in with the Pokégod codes from 'back in the day'.

Catch Mew in the Pokémon Fan Club:

In Yellow, you catch this Pokémon, fight a large number of specific Pokémon like 71 Krabby, then get specific items which include buying Fresh Water 21 times. Then you walk in and out of the Pokémon Fan Club with Pikachu until he falls in love with Clefairy (aww), go to the left-most part of the screen, walk to the top of the column then to the bottom of the column a total of 11 times making one step short when you're walking down on the 11th time. Then you walk one step east, one step west, and go up and down the column 10 more times. Then you talk to an invisible text box below the left-most picture and Mew will appear in the Fan Club! Weird isn't it??  O_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evdxp0UgunQ

Turn Magikarp into Mew:
In Pokémon Red and Green [and Japanese Blue but only saying Red, Green makes this sound more fake], you go to the Pokémon Day Care, press select on the fourteenth item, exit with B,B, talk to the Day Care man and press A on the first Pokémon to replace it with a glitchy thing. Then you raise this glitch Pokémon and receive it again. Then once you press select on the fourteenth item, exit with B,B, talk to the Day Care man and ask to raise the first Pokémon again, it will turn into Mew. Seems like Magikarp really is magic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDdALql7994

Magical warping Nidoran:
In Red and Green, you go to the Name Rater's house in Lavender Town. Then you press select on the 12th item, exit with B,B, talk to the Name Rater and choose the second Pokémon to turn it into a glitchy thing. The second Pokémon must have a Special stat of 7 and at least 4 remaining PP on the second move. The exit mats should be blocked.

Next, you press select on the 13th (not 12th!) item, exit with B,B talk to the Name Rater and choose the third Pokémon which will be your Nidoran to swap it with another glitchy thing. The left of the exit mat should be blocked, but if you go through the right exit you will warp somewhere. Where you end up depends on magic Nidoran's current HP.

This sounds complicated but it really works!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl8dNnaDqFs

Get any shiny Pokémon:
This cheat only works in the Japanese Gold and Silver and it needs to be done on a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. You need a Pokémon that can Fly as your first Pokémon, the Pokémon you want shiny as your second Pokémon and the Red Gyarados as Pokémon 6. All of the Pokémon in the party must be deposited in the PC except for the first two (starting with the third Pokémon in the party and ending in the sixth one).

Now, you must enter the Bug Catching Contest, try to go back in the building and choose 'no'. Then you Fly away back to Goldenrod City and put Pokémon 2 in the PC. Then you save and reset, go back to the Bug Catching Contest building and you will step down into the wall! Then you quit the contest and you will get a shiny version of your Pokémon 2.

Note that you get weird results though, your shiny Pokémon will still look like Gyarados in battle.  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4D6wJGGqZA

Get Celebi in Gold!!111!!1111:

You must get a Quagsire that knows Sleep Talk as the first move holding a HP Up. You also need a random Pokémon you just caught from the wild. And you need lots of Flower Mail, very important :P and other specific items in the PC I can't remember. :( You make the freshly caught Pokémon your Pokémon 3. You make that Quagsire as Pokémon 4. Then you put the Pokémon you want Celebi as Pokémon 1.

Next you go to Professor Elm's lab and save and reset. Then you step four steps right (very important). Then you open the Pokédex and listen to Machoke's cry. Then you open your bag, change pockets and use the Coin Case. Then you go the Day Care man, put the Pokémon you want to turn into Celebi in the Day Care and out. It will turn into Celebi!

I gaurantea this is real.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpfgOVfGVTo

Your turn.

Re: Let's describe real glitches that sound fake in a crude/unconvincing way

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2015-03-05 13:41:26
How to hatch Jirachi in Emerald!

First you gotta use a Pomeg berry on a Pokemon with really low HP. Then if you use a potion on it, and fight something, you can find missingno! If you have the Horsea traded in that floating town in your PC box, and while in a battle with missingno you check your Pokemon and scroll up for a while, you can sometimes turn Horsea into an egg! If you hatch it you get random Pokemon. If you train Horsea the right amount you can get Jirachi. Pinkie promise.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2015-03-05 16:10:21
[glow=blue,100] Catch all Pokémon in Red, Blue, and Yellow Versions!
WARNING!!!: This code is super secret. My dad John Nintendo is the president of Nintendo and he told me this and it works.

Apparently if you fly away from a guy and go to another route, defeat another guy, go to the Burned Mansion on Cinnabar, fight a Ditto, make it Transform, defeat/run from it, and return to the route with the Trainer you flew away from, you can battle any Pokemons upon entering.

Here are sum pix to prove it:
[img]http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Blue/TAS1/49.PNG[/img]
[img]http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Blue/TAS1/50.PNG[/img]
LOL!!!!

Be careful 'cuz you might encounter a big scary thing that'll make your game explode  :'( >:( :???: O_o :-\ D:
[/glow]

Date: 2015-03-05 16:15:45
"That floating town". This made me smile, it sounds so vague!

[glow=blue,100] Catch all Pokémon in Red, Blue, and Yellow Versions!
WARNING!!!: This code is super secret. My dad John Nintendo is the president of Nintendo and he told me this and it works.

Apparently if you fly away from a guy and go to another route, defeat another guy, go to the Burned Mansion on Cinnabar, fight a Ditto, make it Transform, defeat/run from it, and return to the route with the Trainer you flew away from, you can battle any Pokemons upon entering.

Here are sum pix to prove it:
[img]http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Blue/TAS1/49.PNG[/img]
[img]http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Blue/TAS1/50.PNG[/img]
LOL!!!!

Be careful 'cuz you might encounter a big scary thing that'll make your game explode  :'( >:( :???: O_o :-\ D:
[/glow]

Loved this too. Instead of screenshots, I think you should have used badly drawn pictures or something.

Posted by: Flameduck
Date: 2015-03-05 17:01:37
Yeah, some kids won't even know Pacifidlog exists because who checks the PokeNav Map?

Also, for badly drawn pictures:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/vUe2Lbj.png[/img]

Date: 2015-03-05 17:55:18

Loved this too. Instead of screenshots, I think you should have used badly drawn pictures or something.

For maximum quality in this one, I used MS Paint.

How to really screw up Pokemons Yellow!
OK first start a new game and save your data but shut the game off after choosing yes. If you did it rite you'll have gajillions of glitchy thingies in your bag! You'll also have a zillion glitch pokemons but they mite freeze the game if you look at them or call you names like my friend Kevin said they did.

If you open the BAG (lol open bag) and check out some of the glitchy doohickies they can do things like freeze the game or let you walk thru walls, change music, and make you fight a level 255 MISSINGSO! ZOMG!!!! You can also apparently fight Pikablue accordioning to Ricky but he has funny ears so I dont know if he's telling the truth.

BUTTTTT apparently if you throw out some items in a specific order you can beat the game in 2 minutes or even be wrapped to a scary place called "Glitch City" which was put in the game on purpose to catch cheaters according to TRsRockin.

So ya its cool but just be careful cuz I had the attached pictures happen 2 me.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2015-03-05 18:11:26
Check the contents of a Pokémon Egg in DP!

First, you have to get a Pokémon egg. You can get one from the Hiker in the city with contests or from that guy with that blue hat who looks like that guy from that one Pokémon movie with Lucario and has some mystery about Mew. If you already hatched those never fear, there is a Pokémon with a secret ability to breed with almost anything! It can only be found in that route by the TV station city and that Library city. Put it in the daycare, which is located by the contest city. An egg will appear from nowhere if you wait long enough. No one seems to know how, but it works!

Next, you'd have to put it in that computer. Put that in one box and one random Pokémon in the other in the spot which parallels the egg spot.

After that, you have to press L and R alot until you see something that looks like the ability, nature or typing of the Pokémon that IS NOT THE RANDOM POKMON IN THE OTHER BOX. This means it's the info of that Mysterious Egg. Put that egg back into your party and you'll see that the information was correct after you walk around the overworld like a Pokémaniac.

Date: 2015-03-06 07:25:07
Sea 4D Missingno in Emerald!
First you get a Pokémon with low HP. Then you use this 'egg berry' (I forget what it's actually called) and its hitpoints go crazy (sometimes this works, other times it doesn't. Perhaps Sega don't want you to know about this).

Now, you've got to go to Route 104. Next you have to battle this random Lass in a rematch. Then you use a Potion and somehow as if by magic your Pokémon's HP bar becomes invisible. Then you have to get hit. Then you have to beat their first Pokémon. Then you use Charm and get hit by Headbutt. It has to be those moves.

Only then you can see a 4D Missingno.
[img]http://i5.minus.com/i8EaSZG9wFzPY.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA2cU5C5O6Y

Date: 2015-03-06 16:12:55
Go Anwhere!
This is called the Yoko Shakira door glitch and it lets you go anywhere.

OK so you need 2 items Oak's Parcel and a random item. Make Oak's thing the second item and hit select on it a couple times and then choose Cancel. Then go into a random battle and swap out the first Pokeman with a random Glitch Pokemon you suddenly have. It looks like Charizard which is cool becas Charzird will always be cool fuck you Micky noone cares about ur gay Tyrantrum. If you did it right the glitch will turn on.

Walk around for a bit and then go into a building or a town or city or whatevs and you should be worfed to somewhere else. Depending on how much you walk you can be warped to the Hall of Farm room and beat the game quickly. Jerry from school says he did the glitch and wound up in the grass beside Pellett Town and he caught a Blue Eyes White Dragon there. Of course he's never shown it 2 me cuz he says his batterys are dead when I'm at his house but his mom is pretty so I dont think he'd lye to me.

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2015-03-07 13:06:24
The Yoko Shakira door glitch rofl.

In Pokemon Yellow, you can turn into letters as you walk! It also teaches Pikachu the "Stay" command.

First you have to get a Super Rod (You get it from a fisherman or a hiker somewhere, I dont remember) and put it in your bag. It has to be a specific place.

Next, you need to go find a trainer who sees REALLY far. Like all the way across the screen. You need to walk in front of him and hit start, then fly away. After you have, fight anyone and go to Cinnabun island.

Now you need to find a ditto (somewhere). Before you do, make sure you train a Pokemon to have his special damage somewhere in the 190s! Tom said you have to train on the dittoes. Once you did this, go back to the place you originally fought a trainer and your super rod will turn into a weird item that teeches Pikachu to stay and lets you turn into letters!!!

Date: 2015-03-09 09:29:05

make ur pikachu turn into raichu in yellow version

so u know that if you try to give pikachu the thunderston in pokemon special pikachu that he doesnt like it because its like the show where ash tries to give pikachu the stone but he doesn't want it
ok so what you need to do is beet all the gyms first then go into the big house on cinnabar wit the holes in the floor (i forgot what its called) and catch a growlithe
and then you need to go into the cave before the elite four with ur pickachu and growlith and it doesn't matter what other pokemon you have but then your pikachu has to get a level and then you switch in the growlithe and win
and when you win the game will go "WHAT PIKACHU IS EVOLVING" and then ur pikachu will be a raichu!
but he will still be mad at you because he doesn't like the thunder stone so he won't follow you anymore  :(

ps. if growlith turns into our canine it wont work

I'm sorry to say that this won't work anyway, evolve without stone is a Red/Blue (and maybe Japanese versions as well) only glitch.

Posted by: FSX
Date: 2015-03-09 09:36:24
Yeah, that's why I deleted the post. I guess I should read more first.

Take 2.

unlock secret move in pokemon blue!
okay so first you have to have a friend with a game boy and who has a link cable too and poekmon gold or silver or crystal unless you have another game boy and a link cable but then you should give me your game boy olol!!!
so what you do is on the pokemon blue you hav e a graveler and its level 34 and then you trade it to the gold or silver and then it turns into golem on the gold or silver and you have it learn rollout but DON'T LEAVE THE TRADE
but then you trade it RIGHT BACK and stop trading and then when you check your golem it doesnt know rollout it knows "TM05"!
its not megakick its a secret move called tm05 and when you use it it works like doubel team only better!
but if you try to use it on yellow you can break your cartdige so DONT USE IT ON YELLOW!

I've always wanted to see people do this.

Date: 2015-03-09 09:42:52
I used to assume that glitch worked in Yellow as well. It was a good post though, I liked that "our canine" part the best.

unlock secret move in pokemon blue!
okay so first you have to have a friend with a game boy and who has a link cable too and poekmon gold or silver or crystal unless you have another game boy and a link cable but then you should give me your game boy olol!!!
so what you do is on the pokemon blue you hav e a graveler and its level 34 and then you trade it to the gold or silver and then it turns into golem on the gold or silver and you have it learn rollout but DON'T LEAVE THE TRADE
but then you trade it RIGHT BACK and stop trading and then when you check your golem it doesnt know rollout it knows "TM05"!
its not megakick its a secret move called tm05 and when you use it it works like doubel team only better!
but if you try to use it on yellow you can break your cartdige so DONT USE IT ON YELLOW!

lol

Date: 2015-03-09 16:43:49
Catch Glitch Unown
In Poketmans Gold, Silver and Crystal you need a bad clone from teh Celebi glitch. If u don't know what that is im not explaining it OK cuz its to long.

Anyway yeah once u get your bad comb, put it at the front of the line and now you can use some option about mail to withdraw over 6 Pokes.

What this does is it messes up game data in the RAM and lets u take out over 6 Pokemans from the PC. So if you take out more than 6 Pocketmops and its data messes with a Pokemons info in the Unown dex then you can replace that info with glitch Unowns. I'm not sure what male sheeps and goats have to do with this but I garantee you this conspiracy goes deeper than all of us.

With glitch Unown you can

Battle Glitch Trainers in the Trainer House
Theres not much 2 this one but if you go to Verydan City and go into the Trainer House after seeing a Glitch Unown you can battle some very stron Trainers!!!

It happens because the glitch Trainer and the glitch Unown are working together to destroy the games from teh inside becuz theyre jealous they aren really part of it. So the glitch Unown has glitch data right? Yeah you know that you're on GCLF and everyone here knows everything about glitches accept that Meganium guy he's dumb. Meganium moar like Megadumb LOL AM I RITE. Anyway so the glitch Unown uses its corrupted data to give the glitch Trainer a glitch team which is usually over level 100 (HAXXORS!!!!11!) and this really angers the male goats.

So because the rams have been confused they might make the game restart but with wierd colors. They mite also freeze the game. GLITCH VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Jesus Christ, this is an entirely new level of incomprehensible.)

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2015-03-09 19:44:10
The shape of that glitch Unown reminds me of Wormadam for some reason.