Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

How did you get into glitching? - Page 2

Re: How did you get into glitching?

Posted by: joonas2345
Date: 2016-06-26 03:50:46

Thank you very much for these resources, will begin to read them shortly, and then hopefully I will be able to make contributions!

No problem. I added some additional links to some tools and resources that I forgot to include.

But back to the original topic.
I got into glitching when I found some forum topic about missingNO. It was back in 2006 (IIRC) when TRsRockin was alive. However, back then I couldn't understand English, so I had to guess what everything meant or ask my mum to translate it for me.

But in 2010 or 2009 I found GCL. I had become better at English and I started learning about less well known glitches. I tried some of them myself and I started to become interested about technical details behind the glitches so I started lurking here.

Posted by: Dante
Date: 2016-06-26 09:12:50
I'm here just because I need some information for a youtube's series of videos.
I actually learned how to hack third gen pokemon games in 2008 with fanmade tools and I was introduced to ASM without really getting into it.
Now I don't do anything since I work on mac and there was no good emulator I could find with all the VBA's tools.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-06-26 09:45:37

WillisTheUnbreakable and Krauser912 on YouTube.

It's been nine years since WTU made his last Pokemon glitch video.  Wow.

I used to watch them a lot, along with other names like agusganog, AndrewFMs' "Pokémon with no Pokémon", some weird newgrounds  animation of glitch city (my favourite line is "i am borken"), some narration of let's horribly break pokémon blue which has since been deleted, and some guy that starts with a p