Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Transfer Pokemon in Pokemon Bank from an emulator - Page 1

Transfer Pokemon in Pokemon Bank from an emulator

Posted by: Unused Trainer
Date: 2017-01-28 01:58:41
Is tecnically possibile transfer Pokemon in Pokemon Bank from an emulator? I mean RBY played via computer or smartphone.

Re: Transfer Pokemon in Pokemon Bank from an emulator

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-28 04:48:48
Technicaly, yes, you need to dump the save file onto the VC version, though. Or have a superior modded 3DS, with homebrew that doesn exist yet.

Posted by: Unused Trainer
Date: 2017-01-30 03:16:44
Even if me is playing at RBY from a smartphone?

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-30 05:07:38
No, but you can just swap the save file with the one somewhere on your 3DS's SD card.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-02-13 21:52:48
Specifically, hack your 3DS if it isn't already, then install Checkpoint, JKSM or whatever other save manager. Backup your VC save, and replace the backed up copy with the one from the emulator, then go back and restore "VC's" save. Done.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-02-13 23:42:28
It's that simple? Doesn't the VC save folder have some fancy encryption around the raw data that makes it 3DS-ish or whatever?

(Not technically a bump, for whoever's wondering; there was a bot post above Parzival's just a few hours prior that's now deleted.)

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-02-14 02:16:44
No, it's not encrypted. What would be the point?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-02-14 09:27:31
…Absolutely none! Just tested it and am relieved to see it works. Good to know I don't have to worry about what system I'm playing something on when it comes to save data.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-02-14 13:10:51

…Absolutely none! Just tested it and am relieved to see it works. Good to know I don't have to worry about what system I'm playing something on when it comes to save data.
the 3ds-ish stuff is taken care of by Checkpoint/whatever other save manager, as all games share the same encryption method meant to ward off people just pulling out their SD cards and going ham on their saves without a haxxed 3DS.