Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

I'm new to this, and looking for some tips? - Page 1

I'm new to this, and looking for some tips?

Posted by: PikaPerfect
Date: 2017-09-02 12:53:32
Firstly, hi! I just joined this forum about an hour ago, and after reading the forum rules, scanning over a few threads, and trying to find the ones that interest me most (Which is nearly all of them…), I decided that I'd like to make a little post with some questions I have. I sincerely apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, as I wasn't able to find any sort of question board or help ticket system? If anybody knows where either of those things (Or anything similar) are, I'd appreciate the help haha

Anyway, back on topic. I've been heavily interested in glitches, quirks, unused content, data mining, and much, much more in all Pokémon games for at least 5 years (right now I'm most interested in R/S/E), and I've finally decided to make an account on likely the most infamous Pokémon glitch community website. That said, as much as I've looked into these things, there are still a lot of things I don't understand or know yet, and what better way to learn then to go to a place where (almost) everyone knows the answers? I guess my big question here is where should I start looking? What threads contain the most helpful information on Pokémon glitches (for any generation of games, not just Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald), and which ones are the most interesting/active? Where should I start looking for glitches that are dangerous enough to brick your cartridge, and where should I start looking for ones that just scramble the graphics and get fixed upon reset? There's a lot more I'd like to know, but (a) this post is getting cluttered, and (b) this post is getting long ^^;

Thank you to anyone who can either get this thread where it's supposed to be if this is wrong, or help me with my questions! I'm very excited to finally become more active in a community I've been sitting and watching for for years.

Re: I'm new to this, and looking for some tips?

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2017-09-02 13:07:16
I moved this topic to a better place.
I'd suggest to look at the stickied threads around the Pokémon Glitch Discussion section. Also, looking at the wiki should also be able to help you :)