Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Do you prefer older or later generation glitches? - Page 1

Do you prefer older or later generation glitches?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-02-21 15:45:22
Which Pokémon generation(s) do you prefer most for glitching?

With me, Generation I. I have an affinity for the original generation glitches, as well as those in Generation II as they feel easy to start and derive more, often unusual things from them for me. However, I feel like later generations can result in bizarre results as well, like from Pomeg glitch in Generations III, IV; the void/out of bounds glitches in Generation IV.

With Generations V, VI/VII it feels there may not be as many powerful glitches, but some battle specific ones exist (e.g. Rollout storage glitch) and game-breaking ones like the Lumiose City save glitch.

Re: Do you prefer older or later generation glitches?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-02-21 16:21:49
1-3. Not much to say, really: I like them the most as games (Gen V aside), and glitch-wise there's orders of magnitude more there.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-02-21 19:39:23
I personally like Gen 1 glitches the most, ever since I was 10 and first encountered Missingno., I just knew Gen 1 was going to be a gold mine for glitches and exploits, and yep there were tons not discovered yet at the time! I rank Gen 1 high on my favorite Generation list just because of how broken the games are. Glitches crack me up, and I like glitch noises too for some odd reason.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-02-21 19:43:30

I personally like Gen 1 glitches the most, ever since I was 10 and first encountered Missingno., I just knew Gen 1 was going to be a gold mine for glitches and exploits, and yep there were tons not discovered yet at the time! I rank Gen 1 high on my favorite Generation list just because of how broken the games are. Glitches crack me up, and I like glitch noises too for some odd reason.
Yep, all of this. :) In particular the glitch noises! Have you tried out DevEd's cry editor?

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-02-21 20:49:53

Yep, all of this. :)
In particular the glitch noises! Have you tried out DevEd's cry editor?
Nope but I should check it out sometime! I didn't realize he made a utility for a Pokemon game, I've only seem him post Sonic related stuff. xD Thanks for informing me on this program!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-02-22 05:55:07

1-3. Not much to say, really: I like them the most as games (Gen V aside), and glitch-wise there's orders of magnitude more there.

Yeah, I think so too. :)

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-02-22 06:44:48
For me it's Gens 1-4. Gen 4 has had a lot of potential uncovered recently, and there is a possibility we can leverage it all to attain "vanilla" ACE soon enough.

Gens 1 and 2 are really good imo (obviously), Gen 4 is a nightmare because of the randomness of Pomeg, but still interesting. It would be nice if there was an ACE method that wasn't just ridiculous, but I lunno.

Posted by: J92R
Date: 2019-03-29 08:44:53
I'd definitely have to say Gen 1 glitches are by far the most superior to use. I've seen more people use 8F to create games inside the game than I have seen happen with any modern glitch.