Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Glitch Codes? - Page 1

Glitch Codes?

Posted by: J92R
Date: 2019-03-21 22:33:40
Just curious if there is a list or section on here specifically pertaining to codes that cause glitches or allow you to glitch suddenly.

Re: Glitch Codes?

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-03-22 10:23:43
What glitches are you specifically wanting to do? And for what games? There are gameshark codes on the wiki, both for international releases and English releases. Gen 1 and 2 are listed, there are none listed here for the later gens though. If you want to create your own codes, you can look at the RAM map for the game you wish to glitch, then open up your emulator and add the cheat code. RAM maps are listed on the forums and over at Data Crystal as well. Gameshark codes are written in reverse order (so say you wanted to manipulate RAM offset 0xD059 you would write it as 59D0 in your gameshark code).

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-03-22 10:24:09
What kind of codes?

Date: 2019-03-25 04:34:01
Like codes that enable or give you specific glitchmon.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-03-25 23:11:59

Like codes that enable or give you specific glitchmon.
I think Raven Freak answered that quite well. If you want something even faster, there's the debug patch for Yellow.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-03-26 07:00:32
What kind of codes? GameShark, Game Genie, patches?

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-03-27 22:18:38
are you looking for the "ROM fucks memory on its own" kind of thing? That I can provide, specifically.

Date: 2019-03-28 08:42:23

are you looking for the "ROM fucks memory on its own" kind of thing? That I can provide, specifically.

Only for Yellow and Crystal, already have it for red/blue & gold/silver.

But mostly I'm looking for codes or patches that give you glitch Pokemon, or something similar, that way I can start a fresh game with glitches.

It is unfortunate there hasn't been a glitchdex only hack, where all we have are glitches to catch and battle with.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-03-28 19:07:05
Funny enough at some point I was thinking about making a hack where you started with glitch Pokemon and you'd catch other glitches. I then tried making it into a roleplay, and then completely scrapped the idea. :V Anyways to encounter wild glitch Pokemon the gameshark code you'd want to use for yellow is 01XXD7CF, replace "XX" with the hex value of your choice. Victreebell is the last valid Pokemon, so anything after the hex value 0xBE will result in glitch pokemon.

Date: 2019-03-29 07:25:44

Victreebell is the last valid Pokemon, so anything after the hex value 0xBE will result in glitch pokemon.
yes but actually no

trainer handling, remember?

Date: 2019-03-29 08:43:22

Funny enough at some point I was thinking about making a hack where you started with glitch Pokemon and you'd catch other glitches. I then tried making it into a roleplay, and then completely scrapped the idea. :V Anyways to encounter wild glitch Pokemon the gameshark code you'd want to use for yellow is 01XXD7CF, replace "XX" with the hex value of your choice. Victreebell is the last valid Pokemon, so anything after the hex value 0xBE will result in glitch pokemon.

Yeah, someone already made a small IPS patch for Red/Blue that makes your starters 3 glitch Pokemon but then abandoned it as well. Real shame, I'd actually be willing to "catch them all" for a change.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-03-30 00:56:17
Was your question answered? This kind of went off-topic.

Date: 2019-03-30 11:37:45

Yeah, someone already made a small IPS patch for Red/Blue that makes your starters 3 glitch Pokemon but then abandoned it as well. Real shame, I'd actually be willing to "catch them all" for a change.
yeah that was me

Date: 2019-03-30 12:17:26

yeah that was me

Its a shame you never continued it.

Date: 2019-03-30 12:21:19

yeah that was me

Its a shame you never continued it.
I might.